Test Data Manager

• 1.  Custom Data Target from TDoD

Posted Jul 27, 2016 02:10 PM

Hi guys!

I got a question about using variables in TDoD.

In CA TDM, I already have a datapool working properly and publishing information into a specific database(Target). But now I want to expose it on TDoD, and use a variable that allows me to choose the datatarget (Target_1 or Target_2) where I want to publish.

Do you know what is the best way to achieve this requirement?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

• 2.  Re: Custom Data Target from TDoD
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2016 06:16 PM

Yes you can.

All you need to do is to create an additional 'default publish' for the data pool which publishes to another target.

To do that, publish to the target you want to add an option for, then in the file->'Maintain Projects', right click and select 'edit data pool properties' and go to the 'Default Publish' tab and hit the plus button.

Select the most recent publish, (the one to your new target) and hit the tick icon. Give it a name which identifies it by target.

So here I used to have just one default publish 'new' which published to oracle, now I have another which publishes to SQL Server:

DefaultPublishes.png

Now, when I fill out my TDoD form, when I hit submit it will prompt me, asking which default publish I want to use, which essentially means it's asking me which target to use:

SelectDefaultPub.png

So now you can essentially just add default publishes as you like for all of your various targets without having to change the form.

Have fun!

• 3.  Re: Custom Data Target from TDoD

Posted Jul 29, 2016 11:10 AM

Hi johbe07

Thanks a lot for your information. It's been very useful.

Best regards!

• 4.  Re: Custom Data Target from TDoD

Posted Apr 19, 2017 04:29 PM

HI Ben,

I have a question on this: if I add multiple default publishes can I publish the data to multiple targets thru TDoD without selecting the target profiles? My use case is: I want to publish the same data in multiple targets in parallel automatically without selecting anything in TDOD screen ? Can I do that?

Regards,

Nimai