CA Service Management

• 1.  Time zone in notifications

Posted Jul 28, 2016 07:27 AM

Hello community,

our customers located outside of default timezone have issue with notifications, they receive notifications where date/time is in default timezone, I have tried to define followed attributes:

• contact > timezone;
    • location > timezone;
    • organization > location > timezone;

but changing them give no result, so my question is there any way to force date/time conversion for specific timezone?

Regards,

cdtj

• 2.  Re: Time zone in notifications

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2016 07:53 AM

Hi Timur,

As per the definition, a timezone code displays the local time for users, regardless of their locations around the world. Have you validated what is the timezone they are using to on their local machine?

• 3.  Re: Time zone in notifications

Posted Aug 03, 2016 08:30 AM

Since the notifications are html emails generated on the server, i do not think user's pc's timezone will change something. SDM should take in consideration the contact timezone when generating the email. It will become a bit more challenging when destination users does not have the same timezone. SDM will need to generate different email for each user with a different timezone.

Looks like an idea should be submitted. Otherwise, an external script who communicates with timezone API like gmaps's  should do the trick. But i agree that this not an easy to implement solution.

• 4.  Re: Time zone in notifications

Posted Feb 22, 2017 11:52 PM

I've raised an Idea for this - please review and vote it up if you wish.

Convert date fields to addressee's time zone in notification email 

Regards,

James

• 5.  Re: Time zone in notifications

Posted Aug 04, 2016 11:24 PM

Why the question have marked as assumed answered?

there is no solution yet...

Pier's idea is looking interesting but I'm not sure how can I integrate outer proccess into pdm_mail daemon.

• 6.  Re: Time zone in notifications

Posted Aug 05, 2016 02:09 AM

Unmarking as assumed answered

• 7.  Re: Time zone in notifications

Posted Aug 05, 2016 08:29 AM

Does CA uses SDM to manage our cases? If yes, it's a multi-site multi-timezone Company. How do they manage that? Chriss can you ask internally?

Timur, If CA can't answer, ever thought on not relying on pdm_mail at all? You can always trigger events instead of notification rules. I personnaly send a lot of mail with PAM instead of SDM. You can always use an external java/PS/perl app if PAM's not avaible.

I know this will not be easy. Getting the "to" of a manual notification sounds like a good challenge but surely feasible.

Let me know if you want to go that way, i can search with you on my spare time.

• 8.  Re: Time zone in notifications

Posted Aug 06, 2016 06:12 AM

I have long thought about switching away from OOTB mailing daemon due to bad time crashes.

And you have pointed me right way

Seems that I need only 2 things:

- save outgoing messages as files using spel (or I can stack them using OOTB pdm_mail);

- trigger them using some mail delivery daemon;

Bad thing that from yesterday I'm out of business, so... I'm not sure that I can return back to CA SDM develop.