Plex 2E

• 1.  Manage iSeries password Security Error?

Posted Jul 29, 2016 03:11 AM

I am trying to use the validation for iSeries. On Plex6.1 it is working correctly, but with the 7.2 Plex I keep getting the error:

Capture.JPG

Is there someone who has a solution for this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards, Leo Pieters

• 2.  Re: Manage iSeries password Security Error?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 04:10 AM

Hi Leo_Pieters,

I saw the same error in the following sites.
    <CWBSY1008 Signon error with Access for Windows Connection>
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1016986

Please confirm a profile by the following commands(Edit Object Authority).
    EDTOBJAUT OBJ(nslp) OBJTYPE(*USRPRF)

I hope that this helps you.
    Regards,
    Toshikazu

• 3.  Re: Manage iSeries password Security Error?

Posted Jul 29, 2016 04:15 AM

Hello Toshikazu,

Thanks for your reply. I already saw this item too. Tried that without succeeding........

Regards,

Leo

• 4.  Re: Manage iSeries password Security Error?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 11:11 AM

Hi Leo,

I found the following guidance at https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/23108349/cwbsy1008-General-security-error.html:

Have you already seen this guidance and taken the steps given?

Cause

A general security error was returned to the client from the server. This error may be the result of one of the following:

* The user profile being used has no password (*NONE) assigned to it.

* The password validation program being used (system value QPWDVLDPGM on the server) has a program name defined and this program found an error in the password.

* The password for QUSER profile needs to be reset.

Recovery

Check to see if the user profile has a password assigned to it. If no password is assigned, you must assign one. Also, look at the job log for user QUSER, job QZSOSIGN to see if the password validation program found an error. To do this:

1 Type WRKACTJOB at the OS/400 command prompt to bring up the list of active jobs.

2 Press F14 (shift+F2) to include prestarted jobs.

3 Find the QZOSIGN job running in the QSYSWRK subsystem in the job list. If there are multiple QZOSIGN jobs, repeat the following steps for each job.

4 Type a 5 next to each QZSOSIGN to work with it and press Enter.

5 On the Work with Job panel, type a 10 to display the job log.

6 Look for a message in the job log similar to `SIGNON server job' for the user who had the CWBSY1008 message. The message listed after this message should help solve the problem. If the error message says the password for QUSER has expired, change the password for QUSER fixes the problem. For other causes, look at the error message details help and take the recommended action.

Also, check iSeries Navigator for the user.  Try changing the signon information to always prompt for signon information.  If that works then change it back and try again.