DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  QoS Asyncronous

Posted Jul 29, 2016 07:17 AM

How I can migrate/convert a QoS from interval type to asyncronous type?

• 2.  Re: QoS Asyncronous

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2016 09:59 AM

HI can you please provide more detail?

I am not sure it is clear what you are asking.

If this is a custom probe and you want to make a change to the qos_definition would would need to change your code

and then delete the qos_definition and set it up again.

If you can provide an example with details of what you are looking to do we might be better able to help provide you with more details

• 3.  Re: QoS Asyncronous

Posted Aug 24, 2016 05:37 AM

Hi Gene,

I'll go step by step. We need do some things

1.- I have tried this example (this is an script LUA example from nas):

--

-- Example sending QoS data, this script can be scheduled, say every 5 min.

--

t = alarm.statistics ()

-- The QoS definition will only be sent once due to internal caching.

nimbus.qos_definition ("QOS_ALARM_COUNT","QOS_NAS","Alarm Count","alarms","alarms",false,true)

-- Sends QoS data as an asynchronous data series.  Will not depend on the interval

nimbus.qos ("QOS_ALARM_COUNT",nil,"Total",t.alarm_count, QOS_ASYNCH)

the definition is created but does not save the QoS data

The definition is created but QoS values is missing. We need work with QoS asyncronous.

2.- Another case is if it's possible convert a existing table (or QoS, defined with interval) to asynchronous. The table has a lot of values y we need reuse these values like asynchornous.

• 4.  Re: QoS Asyncronous

Posted Aug 24, 2016 09:01 AM

Hi all,

For the records: Question number 1 it is being progressed via support case 00485396 , and I've currently provided a possible solution for that:

ump_slareports_8.2.0_HF2.zip fixes the following issues:

DE33884 Fix SLA Reports with compliance of greater than 85% to display proper color in graph instead of always displaying in green.

DE43520 Fix to handle missing data properly in SLA Reports when calculation method includes ignoring missing data.

DE37797 Fix SLA Reports to properly handle asynchronous QoS data.

In regards of question 2, I am not sure if there is any procedure to convert "interval defined QoS" to asynchronous.  Perhaps julio.garcia can provide some hints about this?

Regards,

• 5.  Re: QoS Asyncronous
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2016 09:06 AM

Unfortunately, it's not so easy to convert synchronous data to asynchronous (or vice versa.)  The reason for this is that when the QoS Definition is first generated, the QoS is defined as synchronous or asynchronous at that time, and the corresponding RN_QOS_DATA tables will be structured accordingly (e.g. 'samplerate').

So, the only way to change this after the fact would be to remove the old data and definitions (deleting from S_QOS_DATA and S_QOS_DEFINITION) and then send the new definition and begin collecting new data.