AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cloning NMS Environment to Test Upgrade Process

Question asked by tbeauchemin on Jul 29, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 by tbeauchemin

I recall in the old NMS support forums that there was a process documented for coping/setting up a parallel NMS environment: hub, ump, database, that would replicate the current production environment but was separate enough that one could go through the NMS upgrade process and upgrade the test environment without impacting the actual production environment and data. Since the move to CA I have not been able to find the document.

Everything in our environment, except the DB, is within a VM so my original plan was to clone both the central hub as well as the UMP, and update the server names and IPs to new names and IPs and update along with that the NMS specific configurations for the robot and hub and disable all the get queues so that we are not conflicting with the production hub. We would then copy the DB to another DB server and point the data_engine on the cloned server.

I'm not sure if there is anything else that we would need to consider in the above nor if there would be any caveats to making direct changes to the central hubs configuration files.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Outcomes