DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  shell command action

Posted Aug 01, 2016 06:45 AM

Hi all,

I'd like to create a shell command action that will not run in MOM, this script will run on the server that generates the problem and I need to receive confirmation, that the script have finnished correctly.

Does anyone have done something similar? could you help me.

Thanks a lot for your help, best regards

• 2.  Re: shell command action
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2016 09:06 AM

With the shell command action, the MOM will trigger it based on the alert triggers.  Your best bet is to create a javascript and implement the runOnMOM function as per the link below.

Use JavaScript Calculators - CA Application Performance Management - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentatio

• 3.  Re: shell command action

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2016 09:32 AM

Hi Vicente,

If you need the EM / shell command action to run the batch script remotely from another server, if Windows, you might consider using PowerShell remoting, I don't think you could do this from an EM running on unix, you might have to use Perl.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Sergio

• 4.  Re: shell command action

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2016 06:56 AM

Hi Vincente:

Two responses were provided. No follow-up questions were posted. So  I am marking as answered. You are welcome to ask additional questions if desired

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: shell command action

Posted Aug 05, 2016 05:36 AM

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your answers and help, finally I had an idea and we are using it, I will explain what I have done, because perhaps is helpfull for someone in the future.

Our case is: We want to run a script on a server when something happens (a WAS server), the problem is that a shell command action only runs on the MOM, not in our WAS server. Our solution is using a NFS, we run a shell in the MOM and change a flag in the NFS to advise WAS server that the script has to start.

Thaks a lot for your help, best regards

Vicente