Symantec Access Management

• 1.  How redirect an alert to another software

Posted Aug 01, 2016 01:45 PM

Hello,

I understand that in Advanced Authentication we do not have how to trigger, for example, an email in case a alert is created for some user.

We only have options to save the alert into AA logs or direct the alert message to an admin gui in AA.

I would like to know if we can redirect the message itself to another software, maybe using SNMP traps or even SQL commands.

So the real question would be, is there any way I can redirect messages/alerts to a 3rd party tool ?

Tks,

Lincoln Sant´Anna

• 2.  Re: How redirect an alert to another software
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2016 10:55 AM

Hi Lincoln

Global Delivery has an add-on module called the CA Advanced SNMP Monitoring Tool which can be used to monitor CA Advanced Authentication, generate traps for specific events, and then send these traps to an SNMP Manager to initiate corrective actions.  I am not sure if it can generate email alerts, but it might.

Hope this helps

Rob

• 3.  Re: How redirect an alert to another software

Posted Aug 08, 2016 08:00 AM

Thanks for the info Rob !

• 4.  Re: How redirect an alert to another software

Posted Aug 02, 2016 10:55 AM

Hi,

Please provide some more info on the kind of alerts that you were concerned about:

1) Alerts coming from the risk engine calculation - these are consumed by the calling application

2) Alerts resulting from error in the AppServer/DB layer - these are written out to log files.

Thanks,

Sanjay

• 5.  Re: How redirect an alert to another software

Posted Aug 08, 2016 08:00 AM

Thanks for the info Sanjay