DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  % CPU Utilization (Host)

Posted Aug 03, 2016 05:50 PM

Folks
    In below have the% CPU Utilization image (Host)

imagem1.PNG

In the image below I have an image of CPU utilization by the JVM

imagem2.PNG

As we can see in the chart above the host shows no use is this normal? I found this strange.

• 2.  Re: % CPU Utilization (Host)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2016 06:40 PM

Hi Ricardo,

Thinking out load it may indicate the agent Platform Monitor is not running correctly. I will do some more checking.

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: % CPU Utilization (Host)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2016 06:38 AM

Hi Ricardo:

I converted this from a discussion to a question. Did Lynn's hypothesis about Platform Monitor being a possible issue provide any insights?

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: % CPU Utilization (Host)

Posted Aug 04, 2016 09:54 AM

My guess would be that the agent.Agent Stats.Resources.% CPU Utilization (Host) is reporting on the total system CPU Utilization while the agent.CPU.Utilization % (process) is the amount of the CPU allocated to the process.

So if we have 6 CPU (600% max) on the system and we have 0.25 of a CPU allocated to a process, if the process is only using 1% of it's allocation, (0.0025% of a CPU and only 0.000041666 of the total CPU allocation of the server, the system utilization would not show any change since it is less than half a percent (rounding up to 1 to report a value)

• 5.  Re: % CPU Utilization (Host)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2016 09:31 AM

Hi Ricardo:

Two responses were given and there were no follow up questions. So marking as answered.. Please consider open a case if wishing to pursue further

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: % CPU Utilization (Host)

Posted Aug 05, 2016 06:55 PM

It seems that is how The bwcole previously reported.
    Below we can see almost the same case, the only difference in the print below is the resolution

imagem3.PNG