Clarity

• 1.  Maximum file size in PPM 14.3 SaaS

Posted Aug 05, 2016 10:27 AM

Hi,
    I'm trying to find the maximum file upload size that is possible in PPM version 14.3 for on demand instances. As in, the system limit, if the user does not set one. I found this:
    Max file size for Document Upload in Clarity 

which suggests that it is 20mb, but this is from 2012 regarding a previous version. In the administration documentation

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm-saas/14-3/en/administrating/configure-general-system-settings

it references file type limitations but not file size. Does anyone know what it is for the version I'm running?

If so, can you tell me where you found the information? I get confused as to what is in docops vs the knowledge base and release notes on ca.com/support. I looked in both places and wasn't able to find it.

• 2.  Re: Maximum file size in PPM 14.3 SaaS
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 05, 2016 04:42 PM

The standard is 20mb.  I know 20mb is getting obsolete.  Hopefully CA will consider increasing it soon.  For Saas one concern is the total system storage limits set in your contract.  Not sure what happens if you go over.  Now storage is cheap and ubiquitous....

• 3.  Re: Maximum file size in PPM 14.3 SaaS

Posted Nov 08, 2016 03:17 PM

Hi Austin,

I completely agree. There's an Idea out right now (has been for awhile) that you can vote on: Increase to size of document storage 

AustinCA Abhisek urmas ClareLeonard76040337

• 4.  Re: Maximum file size in PPM 14.3 SaaS

Posted Nov 08, 2016 03:33 PM

Voted!

• 5.  Re: Maximum file size in PPM 14.3 SaaS

Posted Aug 07, 2016 04:00 AM

Yes, as of now it is still recommended to limit the size within 20 MB.

• 6.  Re: Maximum file size in PPM 14.3 SaaS

Posted Aug 07, 2016 07:17 AM

There are two places where there is a setting.

One is in CSA, but you are not likely to have access to CSA on ondemand

The other is in Administration in system options

.have not set it in mys sytem.

Once with the limit set to 20 Mb the work around was to split the file into 20 Mb pieces.

The 20 Mb recommendation applies to your version as well. My screenshots are from a system which was initially installed as r8.1 and at the time there was no default. If there is a default then it comes from a fresh install of a later version. upgrades