IT Process Automation

• 1.  PAM Operator stays in execution mode

Posted Aug 08, 2016 11:37 AM

Hello everybody, I'm experiencing an uncomfortable issue, I have a SOAP operator to suspend an ITPAM process, the operator suspends sucessfully the process but sometimes it never ends its execution state so When the process should continue it does not.

I have tried to use the timeout propiertie to give 10 seconds of max execution time but it doesn't work for me (I don't know if I'm using properly this, so I send a screenshot).

I'd like if there is any way to avoid this.

PAM version: 4.3 HF01

Thanks in advice

• 2.  Re: PAM Operator stays in execution mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2016 09:37 AM

The operator that is showing as executing looks to be a custom operator.  Do you know what process it is running? 

Also the process seems to be in a suspended state.  The following knowledge doc might help to explain how the suspending of a process works:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1197088.aspx

• 3.  Re: PAM Operator stays in execution mode

Posted Aug 16, 2016 09:45 AM

Hello, it's a simple SOAP Operator, the process already get suspended but the operator never ends its execution so I have to manually reset it, this happens sometimes, sometimes it ends normally and suspend the process.

The problem is that sometimes the operator never ends its execution as showed on picture "PAM OPERATOR EXECTION", I know that I can reset it manually but this is not how it should work, it is supossed that the software is for automation not for manually reset operations.

Any additional help is appreciated.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: PAM Operator stays in execution mode

Posted Aug 17, 2016 10:36 AM

The first screenshot, it's was taken from the running process or it's from the designer? Why I'm asking this, it's because sometimes What is displayed on designer it's not what is running. It depends on which version is enabled and if it's checked in/checked out.

Another info, how are You handling the timeout? I can't see a timeout exit at SOAP operator. There's a Timeout Exception on Exception Handler? Without one of these options your process will be blocked, if any timeout happens on your SOAP operator.