AnsweredAssumed Answered

Variables in PIM

Question asked by Wael AbdelWahab Champion on Aug 9, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 by Reatesh

Hi

we are running CA PIM 12.9 sp1 , ENTM on Linux and managing many endpoints (AIX, Solaris, Windows)

we are trying to use the CA examples for protecting OS from the path (/opt/CA/AccessControlServer/APMS/AccessControl/samples/Policies/OS)

I trying to modify the _win2003_deploy.txt to our environment, adding the systems users and all that (I will attached the file I have modified)

but the problem is that when I try to apply it on test server (either from the endpoint management - configuration and upload the file ,  or register it as policy and apply it from the ENTM )

I receive errors regarding the defined variables , I will attached the error log .

I don't know the errors ,, is nearly used the CA sample without modification (expect adding the users in the AC role group )

ex: of error

ERROR: <!POLICY_AUDIT_MODE> is an invalid audit value for resources

although eh POLICY_AUDIT_MODE  is defined !!

UPDATE: the creation of the ACVAR variables done successfully as I run  ( sr ACVAR *) on the test machine and it list all build it and custom variables ,, but the system cannot translate or look after the variables when it is like ("!<POLICY_AUDIT_MODE>") for example.

can you help me ,, we need that in this project fast

best regards

Outcomes