Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Monitoring connection to 'XXXXX' failed. Retrying... no free connection for agent host 'XXXXX'

Posted Aug 10, 2016 10:28 AM

Good morning guys, how are you ?

I have Ca Directory r12.0 SP10 (build 6882) and I am getting these messages warnings in my dxmanager.

In my infrastructure, I have 4 nodes in the same version when the host one have the dxmanager installed.

Do you know what it is ?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Monitoring connection to 'XXXXX' failed. Retrying... no free connection for agent host 'XXXXX'
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 10, 2016 07:36 PM

DXmanager communicates with an agent on each host called DXadmind. While the DXmanager server is running, it maintains monitoring connections with each agent to gather statistics and status information of each DSA instance.

From time to time these links are dropped (DXadmind restarts/network outages) and need to be re-established. There is a pool of connections used for monitoring, the above error occurs when this pool of connections is exhausted, therefore, a connection cannot be made to DXadmind.

In the short term, stopping and starting DXmanager should refresh the connection pool.

Earlier versions of DXmanager leaked connections, that is, if a connection attempt failed then it could not be re-used. This has been fixed in later versions of DXmanager (from r12.0 SP12 onward).

• 3.  Re: Monitoring connection to 'XXXXX' failed. Retrying... no free connection for agent host 'XXXXX'

Posted Aug 11, 2016 08:15 AM

Thanks for the answer. In fact, I´m going to update these nodes in the next week. So, I hope that action will fix this problem.

Besides that, the restart resolved the issue.

Thank you for the help.