Clarity

• 1.  Workflow on Cost plan submission

Posted Aug 11, 2016 01:54 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have a requirement to have  a workflow created on Cost plan submission. My question to the community is - Can we write a Clarity process on Cost Plan submission? I understand that its an action ' Submit Plan of record for approval'. Is there any work around?

Regards,

Shiny

• 2.  Re: Workflow on Cost plan submission

Posted Aug 17, 2016 04:34 PM

"Submit Plan of Record for Approval" actually just copies the cost plan into a new budget plan. The budget plan sits in a "Submitted" status until someone goes to the budget plan page and clicks "Approve". This is not really a workflow. The budget plans provide a way to capture snapshots of cost plans and lock them to maintain a running record of approved costs. If you look at the project financials you'll see "Planned Cost" and "Budgeted Cost". Planned cost comes from the current cost plan of record; Budgeted cost comes from the current approved budget plan.

If you want to start a process related to a cost plan, your choices are:

• Start process on creation of a new plan
    • Start process on update of an existing plan
    • Both of the conditions above - create and update

These options are visible when you create a new process, associate that process to the cost plan object, and click the "Start Options" tab:

I hope this clarifies things!

• 3.  Re: Workflow on Cost plan submission

Posted Aug 22, 2016 06:43 PM

Hi ShinyPM - Did amy.yarrington's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!