IT Process Automation

• 1.  How to Feed Interaction form with array data during form initialization?

Posted Aug 12, 2016 05:13 PM

Does anyone have example process for feeding an User Interaction Form element simple array or table? I have a process which presents an array of files as part of the output get directory contents. I want to take that output and present it in user interaction form. I tried using the simple array and table form elements with no success. I think issue lies in defining the form element variable as an array in order to receive of an array . I know i can pull one of the index values of my array and present it in a text field  just to ensure there wasn't something wrong with my form in general. Any help would be appreciated. Thx Ed

• 2.  Re: How to Feed Interaction form with array data during form initialization?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2016 04:00 PM

Ed,

I do this by converting the array to a JSON object, then passing the JSON as a string to the IRF.  Then, in the IRF, convert the JSON string to a JavaScript object, and populate the form table from that object.  That summary makes it sound more complicated than it is.  Here's an example:

In the pre-execution code of the "Assign User Task", convert the array to a JSON string:

json = new Array();

for (var i=0; i<Process.event_data.length; i++) {
      json_row = {
         'event_name'  : event_data[i][0],
         'status'      : event_data[i][1],
         'user'        : event_data[i][2],
         'created_on'  : event_data[i][4]);
      json.push(json_row);
    }
    Process.json_string = stringifyJSON(json);

Pass "Process.json_string" to a text item on the IRF called "data_json".

In the Script section of the IRF, create a function that is called on the "onLoad" event:

{

load_table: function() {

json = ca_pam_convertJSONToJSObject(ca_pam_getTextFieldValue('Form.data_json'));

ca_pam_setTableDataFromJSObject('Form.updates', json);

}

}

Of course, the table "Form.updates" was created with columns matching the member names of the JSON object: "name", "status", "user", "created_on".

• 3.  Re: How to Feed Interaction form with array data during form initialization?

Posted Aug 15, 2016 10:03 AM

Hi Bill,

Thanks for replying and let me see if this works for me. I will keep you posted on my status.

Thx

again

Ed

• 4.  Re: How to Feed Interaction form with array data during form initialization?

Posted Aug 31, 2016 10:24 AM
      |   view attached

Just quick update although Bill's method was helpful, I ended using out of the box PAM content. In cases anyone is interested I have uploaded the xml example to this response.

Thx

Ed

Attachment(s)