Clarity

• 1.  Build portfolio filters using Team subobject

Posted Aug 15, 2016 04:29 PM

Hi,
    I'd to build a portfolio whose contents consist of "projects where Team includes role x or y". I don't see a way to access Project subobjects when building the power filters. Am I missing something or is just not possible?

• 2.  Re: Build portfolio filters using Team subobject

Posted Aug 15, 2016 04:40 PM

Hi Clare. We need this as well. Not possible today in the OOTB contents definition interface. We'd love if each Investment Type's filtering capability had at least the capability of their Object based power filtering. Example: Project power filtering would have the Team sub-object you're looking for.

Please vote up Enhanced Filtering Capability for Portfolio Contents Definition when you have a chance.

FYI - it's possible to run these 'Team Object' business rules in SQL/Gel and Xog the investments into the portfolio as a process that runs after a sync. I have this on my 'to do' list/spike backlog but haven't had the time to build it. This is heating up here for us again so I'll keep you posted if I get to this. If your organization throws development resources at this anytime soon I'd be most grateful to be kept in the loop.

What we all really need though is CA to Enhance Filtering Capability for Portfolio Contents Definition so there's no custom code or processes required!

• 3.  Re: Build portfolio filters using Team subobject
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 15, 2016 05:10 PM

Thanks Robert. I had actually already voted for it! I've run into this issue before. Now, something I just tried before seeing your response, was to build the power filter query in the object view and copy it in to the portfolio. I am getting the same results in both places. Have you tried this workaround?

• 4.  Re: Build portfolio filters using Team subobject

Posted Aug 16, 2016 11:07 AM

That is an awesome find Clare. Very clever! I just gave it a test and it works like a charm. Good news here is it looks like you've got your work-around, yes? We're still stuck because our use case is 'Or where Resource if from Resource OBS unit and descendants'. Staff OBS is available (unit only) but so far I've been unable to find a syntax that works for what we need.

We'd greatly appreciate votes on Resource OBS on Power Filter Team Subobject.

Great find. Thanks for sharing!

• 5.  Re: Build portfolio filters using Team subobject

Posted Aug 17, 2016 10:32 AM

Voted!

• 6.  Re: Build portfolio filters using Team subobject

Posted Aug 17, 2016 11:21 AM

Thank You!