AnsweredAssumed Answered

smconsole not launching in xwindow display

Question asked by dmt953 on Aug 16, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2016 by Ujwol Shrestha

We use ReflectionX for xwindow display to launch the smconsole running on our Linux VM where the r12.52 SP1 CR05 policy server is installed.  We have had our fair share of issues and tweaks that are needed here and there to get xwindow display to work properly but the latest issue we are seeing is that once in a while the xwindow will not launch the smconsole on a particular policy server.  The following error message will display when trying to launch the smconsole:

"Error: performing semget() on ColdFusion Registry semaphore:Permission denied"

At first I thought the issue is due to our ReflectionX client but ruled this out by launching xclock and it successfully exported the xclock display, so this error must be specific to the SiteMinder component for the smconsole.  Rebooting the policy server will a resolve this issue, but the problem appears to come back again later.  I think this problem first manifested when I was changing the directory permissions for the SiteMinder installation directory, but at one point I rebooted the Linux server and this problem went away and I do not recall making any more directory permission changes afterward, but later seeing this issue again.

Just hoping that someone out there in the community might have seen this before and can point me in the right direction to figure this out.

Much thanks!

Outcomes