CA Service Management

• 1.  Notify Group Assigned to previous task

Posted Aug 15, 2016 11:26 AM

This is a question regarding Change Order Workflow Tasks. Is it possible to notify the group assigned to task 20 when task 50 goes to pending status?

I can notify the group assigned to task 50 when task 50 moves to pending but am not sure if I can notify the group assigned to a previous task. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

• 2.  Re: Notify Group Assigned to previous task

Posted Aug 15, 2016 01:17 PM

Hi Joe,

I dont believe its possible to send a notification to the group assigned to the previous task as there is no trigger out of the box to be able to grab that group from the previous task. You may be able to do this with some custom spel code, but unfortunately that is outside the scope of support and not something we would be able to assist you with.  However, there may be other folks out here on the community that have gotten something like this to work, and they may be willing to share their info with you.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Notify Group Assigned to previous task

Posted Aug 16, 2016 02:46 AM

I think this type of complex flow is a job for CA Process Automation (PAM).

If you want a simpler "procedural" way to do it within Classic Workflow, then maybe just add a new Workflow Task "45", which is "Analyst, please go and manually notify the person on Task 20 that this is moving to Task 50."

Kyle_R.

• 4.  Re: Notify Group Assigned to previous task

Posted Aug 16, 2016 09:47 AM

I would create custom field  on change order SREL to grp. This field would be populated by action macro triggered on task 20 completion. This way you can use defauylt notification functionality to notify group.