Clarity

• 1.  How can I copy or clone a idea/project/program?

Posted Aug 15, 2016 01:24 PM

Using the Clarity system, this would be a huge time saver for creators to are responsible for multiple programs.  Apparently this is not something that can be done but needs to be available in future enhancements.

Bob Singleton

Verizon

• 2.  Re: How can I copy or clone a idea/project/program?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 15, 2016 05:18 PM

Hi Bob,
    Does the "New from Template" function meet your needs? When you create a new project from a template, you can use a record specifically created to be a template, or you can use any existing project record. I believe it copies over any information that's in the project.

• 3.  Re: How can I copy or clone a idea/project/program?

Posted Aug 15, 2016 05:26 PM

Clare,

While I have that option ‘New From Template’, it does not allow me to copy an existing project.  There are a few templates already set up but they are empty of any information. Here is a screenshot.

Thank you,

Bob Singleton

Global Engineering and System Performance | Verizon Wireline Network

email: bob.singleton@verizon.com<mailto:bob.singleton@verizon.com>

• 4.  Re: How can I copy or clone a idea/project/program?

Posted Aug 16, 2016 01:26 AM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/241906393-1-143864/image001.jpg

Set the Template filter to All or No

• 5.  Re: How can I copy or clone a idea/project/program?

Posted Aug 16, 2016 08:58 AM
      |   view attached

I have tried this with a test project and it seems to work!  It copies most fields but not Financial Plans (which is good).

Thank you for the feedback!  You have saved a lot of people a lot of time and effort.

Bob Singleton

Global Engineering and System Performance | Verizon Wireline Network

email: bob.singleton@verizon.com<mailto:bob.singleton@verizon.com>

• 6.  Re: How can I copy or clone a idea/project/program?

Posted Aug 16, 2016 06:58 PM

Hi VZBob - Did urmas's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 7.  Re: How can I copy or clone a idea/project/program?

Posted Aug 16, 2016 03:57 AM

Depends how often you want to do this. if it's a one off, a simple XOG project read and then changing the ID would work.

If it's more frequent you could build a process to read and copy a project as needed, but keep in mind any governance controls you might have.

So what's the use case? As others have pointed out the template option is normally what you'd use, this will copy tasks/team/financial plans etc.