Service Virtualization

• 1.  Enable logging for the test cases

Posted Aug 15, 2016 01:31 PM

We are executing the test cases via junitlisa (DEVTEST 8) in our CI system (jenkins). On some occasions, certain test cases keeps printing console log as if the test is not completing neither breaking out from it and move to the next test. I don't know, why its doing it. Running the test locally as well as running it individually by staging works most of the time. Although, running it by staging have shown the same issue at times.

The nature of the test is very simple, it does a REST to the service and compares the output with a step that pulls the data from the db plus some more minor steps.

Question: how can i enable logging to catch what exactly is the issue when 'a' test execution goes on forever?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Enable logging for the test cases
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2016 10:46 AM

If it happens when you stage with the Workstation, you can use the filter to see all events and look to see which step or what event it is hanging on.

If it appears to be hanging and not going forward, Thread Dumps might help as well.  In DevTest_HOME\logging.properties there is the line below

log4j.logger.threadDumpLogger=WARN, THREAD_DUMPS

Change the WARN to INFO and it will write logs to the lisatmp_xx\ThreadDumps folder.

I hope this helps.

Thanks