DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Sharepoint Web parts

Posted Aug 16, 2016 04:13 AM

Hi  all,

Can we monitor Sharepoint web front ends and web parts by deploying SharePoint power pack or .net agent?

Geethu

• 2.  Re: Sharepoint Web parts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2016 09:58 AM

Geethu:

Looking at the 9.6 Sharepoint power pack docs , I see this

<agent_home>\wily\sharepoint-full.pbd PBD that monitors the same traces as sharepoint-typical.pbd and the critical lifecycle methods of pages, web parts, and lists.

There may be performance hits using full instead of typical but appears to do what you want

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Sharepoint Web parts
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2016 10:03 AM

Also see Performance of Page and Web Part Lifecycle Methods - CA Application Performance Management - 10.3 - CA Technologies Docu…

Symptom:

Where can I see the performance of page and web part lifecycle methods?

Solution:

CA APM for Microsoft SharePoint monitors the lifecycle methods for a page and web part but they are reported only in the Transaction Trace.

• 4.  Re: Sharepoint Web parts

Posted Aug 16, 2016 04:46 PM

Geethu,

Would Sharepoint web be referring to Sharepoint Portal?  The following is what Sharepoint Extension offers:

You can view real-time metric data in the Investigator and console. This data helps you monitor the health, availability, and performance of SharePoint portal.

SharePoint Portal Metrics

CA Introscope displays the following metrics for each operation in SharePoint portal:

• Average Response Time (ms): Average time that is taken for executing or invoking a specific operation or action.
    • Concurrent Invocations: Number of requests that are processed at a given time (throughput).
    • Errors Per Interval: Number of errors the CA Introscope&lt;reg&gt; agent records in a 15-second time period.
    • Responses Per Interval: Number of invocations that completed during a 15-second time period.
    • Stall Count: Number of operations, invocations, or calls that are processing longer than 30 seconds in a 15-second time period.

• 5.  Re: Sharepoint Web parts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2016 08:49 AM

Hi Geethu:

As both Francis and my note says, the on-line documentation discusses what is possible for Sharepoint monitoring and metrics. Some references were given above. Since there are no follow-up questions, I am marking this as answered. You are more than welcomed to post any additional questions as needed.

Thanks

Hal German