CA Service Management

• 1.  How exactly do I Install / Configure Rest Web Services in SDM?

Posted Aug 16, 2016 09:51 AM

I'm working with Service desk and wish to implement some custom Ajax calls for enhancing a custom form UI within Service Desk. To do this I believe CA's Rest web services would be able to fulfill this for me. According to my system administrator the Rest option was never ticked on the installer. To install is it just a matter of re-running the installer and ticking the Rest Web Services checkbox or is there more?

Thanks!

This is the screen shot from the install that they ran:

• 2.  Re: How exactly do I Install / Configure Rest Web Services in SDM?

Posted Aug 16, 2016 10:19 AM

No, you don't need to 're-install', it's just a matter of re-configuration. Basically SDM needs to be re-configured and the Rest WS must be enabled so the REST component to run and function.

• 3.  Re: How exactly do I Install / Configure Rest Web Services in SDM?

Posted Aug 16, 2016 10:32 AM

Ok, is this the documentation I need to make that happen?

Pulled from:

(Deploy the REST Mobile Sample User Interface - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation)

Configure REST Web Services

By default, REST Web Services are enabled in the CA Service Desk Manager configuration. However, if the REST Web Services are not enabled at the time of CA Service Desk Manager installation, configure the REST Web Services.

Follow these steps:

1. Execute pdm_configure from the command-line interface. On Windows, click Start, Programs, CA, Service Desk Manager,Configure.
      The configuration dialog opens.
    2. Confirm the configuration information for the General Settings, System Accounts, Database, and Web Interface dialogs.
      The REST Web Services dialog opens.
    3. Enable the Configure REST Web Services option.
    4. Specify the REST Tomcat Port.
      Default: 8050
    5. Specify the REST Tomcat Shutdown Port.
      Default: 8055
    6. Click Next and continue the CA Service Desk Manager configuration.
      The configuration completes.

• 4.  Re: How exactly do I Install / Configure Rest Web Services in SDM?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2016 05:53 PM

Hi Joel,

Yes - that's the correct part of the documentation to follow. You'll run pdm_configure and when you get to the REST Web Services dialog, check the Configure REST Web Services option and confirm the ports for the REST Tomcat.

Regards,

Gordon