CA Service Management

• 1.  Installer Business Intelligence

Posted Aug 17, 2016 04:22 PM

Good afternoon. Not long ago, I downloaded the DVD 10104731m to install DSM 14.1. inside the setup is the option to install business intelligence for SDM. But it ask me a second DVD. I look within the download options in the  CA website but I did not find DVD 2. Can you please give me the link to download Business intelligence? Thanks Cheers

• 2.  Re: Installer Business Intelligence
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2016 04:28 PM

As a result of CA moving from SAP Business Objects to Tibco JasperSoft for its reporting engine, the install media for CABI/BOXI is no longer available via CA Support Online.

Please open a case with CA Support so that our Global Service Center can assist you in obtaining the CABI install media.

Paul Coccimiglio

Principal Support Engineer

Global Customer Success

• 3.  Re: Installer Business Intelligence

Posted Aug 17, 2016 04:35 PM

Hi Mario,

In addition to what Paul advised, we would strongly advise you to us the new Jasper reporting engine at this time, as we are phasing out BOXI and will no longer support it at all after 2018.  Even though that sounds like a while away yet, if you create custom reports in BOXI, you will have to re-write all of them for Jasper anyway at some point once BOXI is no longer supported.  If you are currently using BOXI with a previous version of SDM, then I would recommend following Paul's advisement and getting a copy of BOXI so you can go through the upgrade process to 14.1 and BOXI 4.x.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: Installer Business Intelligence

Posted Aug 17, 2016 04:48 PM

Thanks Jon_Israel Paul Coccimiglio. I'll open a case.