Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Need assertion details on below question.

Posted Aug 18, 2016 12:10 AM

Is there any specific assertion by which we can fetch timeout and other configuration details from routing URL.

Thanks

Praty

• 2.  Re: Need assertion details on below question.

Posted Aug 18, 2016 12:46 AM

I assume you are talking about the route via HTTP(s) assertion. If you click on the connection tab you can define the connection timeout, read timeout, and maximum retries. If you check the box to use the system default, those values are defined by the cluster-wide properties io.outConnectTimeout and io.outTimeout

• 3.  Re: Need assertion details on below question.

Posted Aug 18, 2016 01:41 AM

Thanks for the reply bloan .

Yes you are correct that I am using Route via HTTP(S). But my requirement is like I need to collect the timeout values and all configuration details from API/policy so that once we will hit the RESt service via REST client to get the details without logging into Policy Manager or DB. Is it possible we can create some fragments and then we can try(just a thought).

• 4.  Re: Need assertion details on below question.
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 18, 2016 09:10 AM

This would be theoretically possible. If all your Route via HTTP(S) assertions in all your policies are utilizing the system defaults then you only need to get the value of those two cluster-wide properties I mentioned. If any Route via HTTP(S) assertion needs a custom value, I would define a new cluster-wide property (example: ${gateway.serviceA_connectionTimeout}). That way you only need to audit cluster-wide properties to know these values.

Now you could do the harder approach which would be to hit the /restman/1.0/services endpoint and parse that response to search the <l7:Resource type="policy"> part of a service configuration to pull out the values I mentioned. But I would probably stick with option 1.