AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Peoplesoft job error log

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2016 02:26 PM

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to identify the Peoplesoft error log/file name when Peoplesoft job fails?

The idea is to run a DE Text-File job to get specific error messages in those error log files.

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: Peoplesoft job error log

Posted Aug 19, 2016 04:36 PM

Hi -

Have you checked the peoplesoft.log under the <System Agent installation path>/log folder?

This is where all PS job output and errors are logged.

Thank you,

Chandru

• 3.  Re: Peoplesoft job error log

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2016 06:42 PM

Hi Chandru,

Looks like some PS specific errors are not logged in agent log.

Thanks,

Flavio.

Enviado do meu smartphone Samsung Galaxy.

• 4.  Re: Peoplesoft job error log

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2016 04:58 PM
      |   view attached

For PeopleSoft agent, peoplesoft job related errors and exceptions are logged in peoplesoft.log file. See the docops site more information;

https://docops.ca.com/ca-wla-agents/1134/en/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-ca-wa-agent-for-peoplesoft#TroubleshootingCAWAAgentforPeopleSoft-PeopleSoft-relatedLogFiles

Additional information on PeopleSoft job failure could be found in the job log and trace file on the PeopleSoft system.

Thank you,

Segun

• 5.  Re: Peoplesoft job error log

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2016 06:13 PM

Hi Segun,

In fact they want to automate the error handling depending on certain messages in peoplesoft log so I would sugest a text file job over the log files but they said that the file names comprises a sequential number controled by Peoplesoft and could not find it in DE logs.

I'm not familiar with peoplesoft so do you see any way to find out those error messages/peoplesoft log automaticaly using script in DE job?

Thank you,

Flavio.

• 6.  Re: Peoplesoft job error log

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2016 07:42 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Flavio,

You cannot find PeopleSoft error messages in DE logs but server related information and messages including agent’s incoming messages.

I’m not an expert in PeopleSoft but they can use DE Text file job to monitor text files for error messages in PeopleSoft and of course, run their custom scripts using DE job.

Regards,

Segun

• 7.  Re: Peoplesoft job error log

Community Manager
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 11:56 AM

Flavio,

I've marked this question as answered because it looks like it came to a conclusion. If you're still having trouble, please come back and let me know and we'll keep helping!

• 8.  Re: Peoplesoft job error log

Posted Aug 29, 2016 10:55 AM

I believe the user's original question is to provide the PS generated Job Log/Trace files back to WCC. 

The PS standard log/trace file naming convention includes the PROCESS_INSTANCE, (PI), number that the PS Job plugin has captured in its API.  It also includes the Process Name and a process specific file suffix.  Regardless, the entire path/log is listed in the PS Process Scheduler Run Time Parameters that should actually be included in the AGENT Log!  Note that the various process types in PS also use "flags" to specify the log file parm, since each PS Job definition includes the Process Type, then you should be able to determine which log "flag" to look for in the agent log.

John

• 9.  Re: Peoplesoft job error log

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 02:41 PM

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply! I'll have a meeting with customer this week to understand correctly their needs and the current PS agent setup and will check the information below.

Thanks for your help!

Flavio.