Clarity

• 1.  Prevent actuals before Task start date

Posted Aug 19, 2016 02:31 PM

We have a need to prevent the entry/posting of hours to a task before the task start date. We keep time periods open for 12 weeks in the past, mainly to support contractual terms with contingent worker vendors. So for example, if a new task is closed and opened each week for 10 weeks, and I fail to submit a timesheet for 9 weeks, then on the 10th week I can submit all of the previous timesheets to the week 10 task, resetting my 10th week task start date to 10 weeks ago. Is there a way to prevent those previous timesheets from posting or to prevent the task from displaying on the timesheet? Thanks for your replies.

• 2.  Re: Prevent actuals before Task start date

Posted Aug 19, 2016 04:14 PM

The options are

- opening the task for time entry

- assigning the resource to the tasks only when the task is started and not allowing unassigned tasks

- closing the timeperiods

If you need to keep 10 past periods open, resources assigned to tasks and task open for time entry and the resource does not enter time until the tenth week there is nothing you can do with those options.

An option could be a process which returns the timesheet when it is not for the current or previous timeperiod.