Service Virtualization

• 1.  Can Devtest access BPM transactional/server engine data?

Posted Aug 22, 2016 08:52 AM

Hi ,

Can we access transactional data/Server engine such as Case status in Tibco Iprocess or webmethods TaskStatus?

This is similar to Rational Integration Tester having the capability to move web methods BPM Task to Approved/Closed status.

I am specifically looking to know if it supports or can access similar to the above for Appian integration product

If it does have access how do we do it ?

RIT access has been confirmed in the below link : IBM Knowledge Center

• 2.  Re: Can Devtest access BPM transactional/server engine data?

Posted Aug 22, 2016 10:40 AM

I had to check the status of a webMethods task for a test.

To do this, I created a new service on the Integration Server. The input for the service was a couple of search fields, an id and a task type, and the expected status of the task. If the task was found and the status matched the expected status, the service returned 'true'. Otherwise, it returned false. Then I set up a web service interface to the webMethods service and had DevTest call that as a normal web service call.

You could set up a 'webMethods Integration Server Services' step to call the webMethods service 'pub.task.taskclient:searchTasks'. Then you would have to check the check the results, an array named '/tasks', find the correct task and verify the status. It seemed easier to let a webMethods service search for the task and verify the results.

• 3.  Re: Can Devtest access BPM transactional/server engine data?

Posted Aug 23, 2016 12:08 AM

Thanks for the note Brian.

Most of the clients do not encourage setting up services on the server having application code . Do we have other means to access this task/case status which you are aware of ? Like some test step provided by DEV TEST .

• 4.  Re: Can Devtest access BPM transactional/server engine data?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 23, 2016 09:51 AM

You may be able to use a 'webMethods Integration Server services' step. Set it up to use the 'pub.task.taskclient' package, 'searchTasks' service. This is a pretty complicated service to use. You'll need to check out the 'webmethods task engine user’s guide' to see how to set up the fields for the search.