DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  system uptime -UIM

Posted Aug 22, 2016 12:08 PM

Hi All,

I need to get the system uptime for the group of devices.How to fetch the data from UMP?

• 2.  Re: system uptime -UIM

Posted Aug 22, 2016 12:23 PM

sysUpTime is used in the calculations for some QoS such as Availability but it seems nothing out of the box provides report data for it. Probably the easiest way to get it is via the snmpget probe.

the OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3 is sysUpTime

• 3.  Re: system uptime -UIM

Posted Aug 22, 2016 12:41 PM

Since UIM is advanced monitoring tool ,most of the things i need to make dependent on each and every probe or it is out of box.  In System Edge the snmp throws most of the data. Product team must review this.

• 4.  Re: system uptime -UIM

Posted Aug 22, 2016 01:11 PM

Issac08,

Yes UIM is an advanced monitoring tool and it is the ability to customize which makes it powerful, providing the framework and ability to monitor so very many different things.

Not sure I understand your last update. If the desire is for UIM to report all the items you want out of the box then post an Idea for users to vote up and product management review for inclusion into the roadmap.

As for sysUpTime in the past three years when I've been supporting UIM and NetVoyant (a snmp collector app) there has been only one other that wanted a report showing sysUpTime, so it seems there is not a big desire for it.

David

• 5.  Re: system uptime -UIM

Posted Aug 22, 2016 08:50 PM

Issac08 If you are using snmpcollector , we have the the Availability Metrics (sysUpTime) already being reported (if enabled) and if what you are looking for is to run a report of availability for a group of devices you might want to try the Group Trend Report available at the group level

If its a server and being monitored by a robot, cdm probe can report this information ( Computer uptime (hourly))

Please clarify if this is not your requirement

• 6.  Re: system uptime -UIM

Posted Aug 23, 2016 05:48 AM

Sever has robot and cdm probe .How to get the required data. Kindly help.

• 7.  Re: system uptime -UIM

Posted Aug 23, 2016 05:56 AM

Open the CDM probe and click on "Advanced" Tab you should find "Computer uptime (hourly)" enable it and save the config.

You should see the data being reported after few minutes

• 8.  Re: system uptime -UIM

Posted Aug 23, 2016 09:02 AM

Computer uptime has been  enabled and I am getting metrics too .I want the uptime to be disabled in numeric format.

i:e 192.1.10.1 is 14 hrs 15 mins.It can be done?

• 9.  Re: system uptime -UIM

Posted Aug 23, 2016 10:58 AM

Sayeed provided a very good list how UIM monitors sysUpTime with different probes in this other thread.

Input regarding qos driven availability dashboards

• 10.  Re: system uptime -UIM

Posted Aug 23, 2016 01:43 PM

Hi Isaac,

I have submitted a similar idea, you can vote for it if you find it fullfill your requirement. check the below link.

Out of the box System uptime/availability report

Regards

Hitesh