Clarity

• 1.  Updating Locked Lookups

Posted Aug 22, 2016 06:35 PM

I am trying to update lookup values that appear to be locked.  The lookup in question is the investment_app_platform which is has the niku.com content source.  Values cannot be inactivated but new ones can be added.  Where is this lookup getting these values from and where can they be modified? 

Thanks,

Nat

• 2.  Re: Updating Locked Lookups

Posted Aug 23, 2016 11:05 AM

Hi Nat,

Platform lookup (investment_app_platform) you mentioned is System provided one. Hence you might not be able to De-Activate the existing lookup values. However you can add the new lookup values to this lookup.

There are 2-ways you can update the existing values as per your requirements.

1. Rename the existing values from DB side.

2. De-Activate the unwanted lookup values from DB side.

P.S. However the issue with doing either of these 2-above work around solutions from DB is - as this is System lookup whenever your system gets upgraded these lookup values will be override with the system values.you'll have to manually make the changes again.Updating/customizing any system provided features/functionalities will create discrepancies down the line.

Hence Ca will not recommend these kind of solutions and at the same they won't support as well.

However there are 2- other ways to attain your requirement -i.e.

1. Please avoid using this system lookup and create your own Static lookup with the values you are looking for, this would be more easy & hassle free in your case.

2. Please create a Dynamic lookup which will be retrieving ONLY the lookup values you wanted from Platform lookup (investment_app_platform). This way you still using system feature & at the same time you are attaining your requirement.

you can create a Dynamic Query lookup using the below query(considering you wanted to show only 2- lookup values, if you wanted more lookup values you could add them to below query)

select id,name  from cmn_lookups_v where lookup_type ='INVESTMENT_APP_PLATFORM'

and language_code = 'en' and name in ('Windows','Macintosh')

Best Regards

Jagadeesh

• 3.  Re: Updating Locked Lookups

Posted Aug 23, 2016 11:47 AM

Thank you for your response Jagadeesh.  Thats what we anticipated and I actually have taken the route of creating my own lookup and creating a new field that references this lookup.  Just wanted to make sure there wasn't another option that I wasn't aware of.