Clarity

• 1.  Hiding Data columns

Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:41 AM

Say you have a grid portlet with Data colummns

The Data columns appear to be Required.

Is there a way to hide them from displaying?

The option is to create a new query without them and a new portlet.

Being able to hide them would be simpler for a temporary need.

• 2.  Re: Hiding Data columns

Posted Aug 23, 2016 08:39 AM

Short answer no, I'm not aware of anyway even in the backend (sometimes we'll find is_hidden etc)

• 3.  Re: Hiding Data columns

Posted Aug 23, 2016 09:28 AM

Thanks, so no help.

One of the downsides is that the portlet is soooo wide and because of that just hiding the labels will not change the real estate.

• 4.  Re: Hiding Data columns

Posted Aug 23, 2016 09:47 AM

Sorry didn't notice the data columns

No, you'd have to re-write the query to be one dimension

As for making it easier to read, you can try altering the formatting of these columns.

However often you need to put constraints onto the data being returned (i.e. if the columns are periods, max 6 etc)

• 5.  Re: Hiding Data columns

Posted Aug 23, 2016 10:35 AM

Hi Urmas,

I'm not sure about hiding but in case you no longer wanted to show that attribute, please see my comments below.

I'm not sure whether this trick will work for your requirement or not. But you can give a try if your attribute is custom created one.

over a period of time requirements change and I had to remove some required fields from one of my object sections - as you are aware we can't remove the required fields from the sections right? what i'll do at that time is

1. First I'll make that attribute as not required

2. Go to Object views and Remove the attribute from the all applicable section/s.

3. Make the attribute required again.

Best Regards

Jagadeesh

• 6.  Re: Hiding Data columns

Posted Aug 27, 2016 01:56 AM

Sorry  Chris_Hackett That is not helpful at all. It does not relate to the question.

The question is about grid portlet with a query.

The answer above is for objects and not related.

• 7.  Re: Hiding Data columns

Posted Aug 27, 2016 02:23 PM

It was marked as helpful in order to acknowledge the attempt to help another member. It was my personal thanks in order to encourage further interaction.