Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to add basic authentication details for virtualservice Live invocation step

Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:58 AM

I have created a virtual service by recording mode, where in live invocation call hits the layer7 server and port.

I need to add Basic authentication (Username, Password) for my live invocation step. Could anyone please suggest how to do the same.

Thanks,

Vasavi

• 2.  Re: How to add basic authentication details for virtualservice Live invocation step

Posted Aug 23, 2016 09:53 AM

Just pass the basic authentication details from the application just like how you pass then when interacting with actual application to the virtual service and set the virtual service execution mode to LIVE the basic authentication information will be automatically forwarded to the backend.

Thanks,

Vamsi

• 3.  Re: How to add basic authentication details for virtualservice Live invocation step

Posted Aug 23, 2016 11:53 PM

Thanks Vamsi, I have tried the same while capturing the live traffic i have explicitly provided the username and password from SOAPUI and executed.  But i am getting authorization required as a response while running the virtual service. Live traffic call did not taken the authorization details.

• 4.  Re: How to add basic authentication details for virtualservice Live invocation step
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 24, 2016 01:21 AM

Hi Vasavi,

I have verified on DevTest 9.1. Live Invocation Step is forwarding the  "Authorization" header of the https request without any issues to the backend system.

What version of Lisa are you running ?  

Can you also make sure if the credentials are correct by sending a request from SOAP UI to the backend directly ? 

Thanks,

Vamsi

• 5.  Re: How to add basic authentication details for virtualservice Live invocation step

Posted Sep 15, 2016 07:54 AM

Yes Vamsi, It was passed in the Authorization headers. Thank you