Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  CA PIM-PAM access flow - Template

Posted Aug 23, 2016 05:00 PM

Hello All,

Does anyone has a CA PIM-PAM user access flow diagram template which can be leverage to our specific use cases.

If so, do please share.

Cheers!

• 2.  Re: CA PIM-PAM access flow - Template

Posted Aug 25, 2016 05:14 AM

CA PIM and CA PAM are two different products. Are you looking for architecture diagram for both the products? or How the user access flows? If there is any specific question on any use case, Please post it.

User Access Flow in PAM depends on Access policies(which in turn connected to devices.) Below is the diagram on how they are related.

User Access Flow in PIM depends on Privileged Access Roles. Please refer Privileged Access Roles and Privileged Accounts - CA ControlMinder - 12.8 - CA Technologies Documentation for more information.

Thank You

--

Vinay Reddy

• 3.  Re: CA PIM-PAM access flow - Template

Posted Aug 26, 2016 10:46 AM

Thanks Vinay!

The diagram share look to be at high level. Agree the use case will different as per the access policy in CA PAM or PIM.

Whereas, what I was looking for was a general flow diagram, which can be leveraged to our specific policy and needs.

User flow - is to understand, where the user starts, what are the sequence of action happening between components and end state like diagram to visualize the flow.

• 4.  Re: CA PIM-PAM access flow - Template

Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:02 AM

To my knowledge, there is no diagram which explains End to End user flow(At least to my knowledge) . If nothing is found, I try my best to make one. Will update you once completed.

Thank You

--

Vinay Reddy

• 5.  Re: CA PIM-PAM access flow - Template

Posted Sep 01, 2016 03:46 PM

Thanks Again!

Attempted something as below and looking for similar ones of other possible scenarios as well (swim lane diagram).

CA PAM - AutoConnect

• 6.  Re: CA PIM-PAM access flow - Template

Posted Sep 13, 2016 02:19 AM

Using which software you did this?

• 7.  Re: CA PIM-PAM access flow - Template

Posted Sep 13, 2016 06:17 PM

Hi Vinay...GE...this is with Visio....looking for better way to represent the flow by a diagram...any pointer around this is much appreciated!! Thanks