Clarity

• 1.  Parent Process Object Instance ID in GEL Script

Posted Aug 24, 2016 05:46 AM

Hi Team,

I have a object based process which is do some action and initiate another process in parent object(done with linked object). It is working fine and initiating both process properly.

As per my understanding we will only get the Object/Process/Process Instance ID of the current process instance. I wanted to know is there any way to identify the first process/object instance id from the second process. I would like to identify which object instance initiated the second process.

Clarity: 14.2

DB: Oracle

Please share  your thoughts.

Thanks,

Adersh Ram

• 2.  Re: Parent Process Object Instance ID in GEL Script

Posted Sep 09, 2016 04:04 PM

What is your reason for having the two processes split in the first place? If you kept them in one process you'd be able to accomplish this more easily. Please provide a bit more detail so that we can answer the question better.

• 3.  Re: Parent Process Object Instance ID in GEL Script

Posted Sep 19, 2016 06:27 PM

Hi Adersh - Were you able to provide input for amy.yarrington or were you able to resolve? Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Parent Process Object Instance ID in GEL Script

Posted Sep 30, 2016 11:23 AM

I agree in needing more information for this one.

Is your first process making a change to the linked object, which in turn is causing the conditions of a process on that other object to become true and launches?

Or is your primary process making use of the Subprocess action type in a step?

Something else?