CA Service Management

• 1.  Service Type Ranking

Posted Aug 25, 2016 04:22 AM

Hi all,

I am testing service type from multiple sources, for example, priority service type and incident area service type.

Base on the document, the service type with lowest number should be the one attached to the ticket.

Ranking reference

However, base on my testing, even thought the ranking values are set, the ticket attached multiple service types with different ranking.

Does anyone know if this is working as intended? Or if there is any setting to configure?

This is the reply from CA support, which is not very helpful.

Please refer to below link.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/administering-ca-service-desk-manager/options-manager

ranking functionality depends on one of the option from options manager.

Thanks in advance.

Conan

• 2.  Re: Service Type Ranking

Posted Aug 25, 2016 10:34 AM

Hi Conan,

I am not super well versed in how the ranking works with service types, but I did find some information in the documentation wiki regarding it:

Manage Service Type and Service Type Events - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

From what it looks like, the lowest ranked service type would be used.  Now I am not totally sure if its the lowest ranked for each object, meaning the lowest ranked one from the category and the lowest ranked one from the priority (meaning both are enforced), or if its only the lowest ranked one over all.

Additionally, regarding options manager - there is an option called cr_allow_sla_downgrade which appears to have an effect on the service type behavior based on rank.  Here is the info I gathered from the "help about this option" screen:

cr_allow_sla_downgrade

Alters the behavior of the CR SLA Option by allowing the system to downgrade a request Service Type automatically.

The CR SLA Option selects the best Service Type from among several request attributes, but never replace the request current Service Type with a type of lesser rank. If this option is installed, the Service Types for all affected attributes are evaluated whenever one of the attributes changes. The request Service Type is set to the highest ranked type found, even if the new Service Type is lesser in rank than the request current Service Type.

The Service Type with the smallest Rank value is considered the best service. If all the Service Types considered are equal in Rank (including Service Types with empty Rank values), the Service Type created first in the database is selected.

The CR SLA Option must be installed for this option to function correctly.

I hope this helps you out a bit more.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Service Type Ranking
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 25, 2016 10:46 AM

On the Administration tab, in the Options Manager folder, in the Request-Change-Issue folder look at the setting classic_sla_processing.

• 4.  Re: Service Type Ranking

Posted Aug 26, 2016 01:24 AM

Lindsay,

Thanks for the help again.

Conan