CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

• 1.  Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Posted Aug 25, 2016 11:57 AM

Hey guys!
    The certificate that is being using by the server on the CA Service Desk Manager expired!
    Im confused, i need to do all the steps to configure ssl conections again? (like the link below)

Configuring SSL for Tomcat with CA Service Desk Manager 

How to Configure SSL Authentication - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 
    I import the new pfx file to the IIS, restarted the IIS and the SDM tomcat but the conection with https protocol still giving error. 
    I need to generate another keystore file?!
    Sorry for the boring question, i´ve never done this before!! =(

• 2.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Posted Aug 25, 2016 01:19 PM

Hi Diego,

You dont need to generate a new keystore, you should be able to simply import the updated cert(s) into the current keystore and recycle tomcat.    If its easier, you can rename the old keystore, then create a new one and import the new certs into the new keystore, then recycle tomcat.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Posted Aug 30, 2016 10:27 AM

Hi John!!

Many thanx for reply and sorry for the delay in responding!

I imported the new certificate for the keystore using the command below and updated some information in the web.xml file and import the new certifcate to the IIS server but the still ginving error!! =(

The import command:

keytool -importcert -file certificate.cer -keystore keystore.jks 

In the web.xml i update the keystore pass but did not restart the services of SDM.

To apply the changes i need to restart the SDM too? 

• 4.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Posted Aug 30, 2016 10:33 AM

HI,

Yes this require recycle to take effect or at less bounce of the tomcat container.

/J

• 5.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Posted Aug 30, 2016 05:12 AM

Hi,

Did Jon answer fix your problem?

Did you still need help there?

/J

• 6.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Posted Sep 04, 2016 09:38 AM

Hi guys! Sorry again for the delay in responding. As i said, i can only restart the SDM services on weekends... =(

Well, i imported the new certificate to the keystore using the code mentioned on this topic but, for some reason, the page canot be open, the error "ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH" is presented on the browser!

Am I doing something wrong?

Theres some more steps that i can do to conclude this configuration?

Thanx again for all the help!!!!

• 7.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 04, 2016 09:42 AM

Diego,

You may get such an error if HTTPS was not enabled properly (example:  you are trying to use HTTP on HTTPS port or vice versa through a browser) and/or you do not have appropriate certificate/private keys in the keystores.

Lastly, make sure you get only use "good" ciphers/protocols as documented here: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1197111.aspx

_R

• 8.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Posted Sep 04, 2016 09:58 AM

Many thanks for the reply, Raghu.Rudraraju!

I unfortunately had passed by this problem a while back and managed to solve using the information in that link you suggested.

My server.xml already have the parameters ssl connector, look:

• 9.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 04, 2016 11:31 AM

Can you attach line# 49    contents here?  Or you can email the file to me directly too

_R

• 10.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Posted Sep 04, 2016 04:25 PM

Hi Raghu.Rudraraju!

I try to send a directly message to you but could not!! =(

The entire contente of line 49:

<Connector SSLEnabled="true" ciphers=" TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA " clientAuth="false" keystoreFile="C:\Certificado\keystore.jks" keystorePass="pass" maxThreads="200" port="443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" scheme="https" secure="true" sslProtocol="TLS"/>

Many thanx for helping again, Raghu!!!!!!!

• 11.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 04, 2016 08:19 PM

I think you are exposing all TLS protocols. Try adding this as in the doc

sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2"

See if that helps

_R

• 12.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Posted Sep 04, 2016 10:18 PM

When i add the code after thhe <Connector SSLEnabled="true" the page show me the error: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR .

When replace the <Connector SSLEnabled="true" to sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2" the error ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED is presented!!

My examples:

1° -  <Connector  sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2" ciphers="...

2° - <Connector SSLEnabled="true" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2" ciphers="...

=(

• 13.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 09:58 AM

Sorry that the previous suggestion made it worse Diego.

Do you have a support case already on this matter? I'd be more than happy to join a session to take a stab at this directly.

Thx

_R

• 14.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM

Posted Sep 06, 2016 10:38 AM

Hi Raghu.Rudraraju!!!!

I just opened the support case as you had suggested!

The case number is 00500953!!

Thanx again, Raghu!!!

• 15.  Re: Expired Certificate HTTPS - CA SDM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2016 08:52 PM

This case was resolved.

The Java KeyStore referenced in the HTTPS connector did not contain the right certificate(s).  And IIS was going to be used too (:443)

So we changed Tomcat's server.xml's HTTPS connector to use 8443 first. And then we adjusted the keystore to be the wild card PFX file instead of the Java keystore like:     keystoreFile="C:\PKCS_with_Privatekey.pfx" keystorePass="changeit" keystoreType="PKCS12" 

That resolved the issue with browser -> Tomcat SSL URL giving the ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR