Service Virtualization

• 1.  The VSE is automatically closing after few minutes where Dev Test 9.1 is installed.

Posted Aug 25, 2016 09:05 AM

Hi All,

The VSE is automatically closing/shut down after few minutes and have no idea why this is happening. did anybody faced the issue or let me know what do I have to do in order to keep it awake.

I'm using Dev Test 9.1.0.

Thanks,

Abhishek

• 2.  Re: The VSE is automatically closing after few minutes where Dev Test 9.1 is installed.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2016 09:08 AM

vse.log has anything on the shutdown? Any running VS throwing crazy errors? Is this a new VSE or an existing one that you have used for a while?

• 3.  Re: The VSE is automatically closing after few minutes where Dev Test 9.1 is installed.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2016 09:08 AM

Any information in the VSE log files? Any process dump file generated?

• 4.  Re: The VSE is automatically closing after few minutes where Dev Test 9.1 is installed.

Posted Aug 30, 2016 04:15 PM

HI IamAbhi,

Would you be able to provide the information requested by Prem and Koustubh? Our experts won't be able to answer your question without more information!

Thanks,

Melanie

• 5.  Re: The VSE is automatically closing after few minutes where Dev Test 9.1 is installed.

Posted Sep 01, 2016 05:59 AM

Hi @Melanie Giuliani,

Sorry for late reply.

Hi @Koustubh and @Prem,

The issue is with the VSE file automatically closing after few minutes and I don't think its related to any port number issue also.

I checked the log files and their was no other behavior which can help me debug.

Can you guys let me know what should I check or where should I check it for un-normal behavior?

Thanks,

Abhishek

• 6.  Re: The VSE is automatically closing after few minutes where Dev Test 9.1 is installed.
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2016 01:45 PM

Hi Abhishek, if you have tried the things below, please disregard.  As a general rule, when DevTest stops one of its services, DevTest produces some type of message in the log.  Since you are apparently not seeing any DevTest generated messages, it leads me to wonder if something external to DevTest is stopping the service.  

If it is possible in your environment, stop all of the services, access lisatmp_dir and either remove or rename the current set of registry, vse, vse_matches, etc. log files.  Edit LISA_HOME logging.properties and set the logger to DEBUG. Restart each of the services.  When VSE crashes, research both the vse and registry log to see if you see any exceptions, warnings, unusual display messages, etc.  

You might look for an INFO or warning message that looks fishy, or some other display message that might indicate why the service is stopping.

If this is a Windows server, try looking in the server's Event Viewer and see if an error or warning shows up there for the VSE process.  If Linux, try to see if something in the kernel.log can help you.

• 7.  Re: The VSE is automatically closing after few minutes where Dev Test 9.1 is installed.

Posted Sep 06, 2016 04:23 AM

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the above debugging steps, will try to do the above steps and let you know ASAP.

Thanks,

Abhishek