Service Virtualization

• 1.  VSI request arguments getting changed to default request condition

Posted Aug 25, 2016 12:34 PM

Hi - we have issue in VSI.. recently one of my VSI's request parameters criteria is changing to default request criteria.. 

Example : all transactions under each  main transaction automatically changed to what is set in meta transaction request..though I have manually changed back the request arguments matching criteria and saved it.. also used for one day.. again next day they changed back to default case for all transactions..

I don't have much details to know how this happened.. any one has same issue ?

my vsi quite big.. it is upto 4 mb in size

• 2.  Re: VSI request arguments getting changed to default request condition

Posted Aug 25, 2016 12:39 PM

What version of DevTest , you are seeing this behaviour ?

• 3.  Re: VSI request arguments getting changed to default request condition

Posted Aug 25, 2016 12:43 PM

Normally if you change the arguments name on Meta transaction it will automatically update the argument names for all the specific transaction under the meta transaciton.  Same applied if you add a new argument on meta transaciton.

But if the change the argument values of the meta transaction  it should not update the argument values of the specific transactions. 

You can also try to increase the workstation heap memory by added -Xmx4g in workstation vmoptions file to make sure the VSI is loading and saving properly. 

• 4.  Re: VSI request arguments getting changed to default request condition

Posted Aug 25, 2016 07:00 PM

I use devtest 8.3.0 .. client on windows server 2008 and server on linux.. 

I understood the point you made.. and I am only changing the value here.. not argument itself.. it never happened for any others vs.. it is first time for this one.. 

• 5.  Re: VSI request arguments getting changed to default request condition

Posted Aug 31, 2016 05:42 AM

kurva01

it was already increased in workstation vmoptions file .. currently I am using 
    -Xms128m
    -Xmx2048m

The other thing I wanted to let you know that, particularly this project is very big (around 75 MB) 

• 6.  Re: VSI request arguments getting changed to default request condition

Posted Aug 31, 2016 07:01 PM

Do you still see the same behavior ?