Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Can Someone explain me in brief about Certificates (like which is the best certificate to use) and How to install them?

Posted Aug 26, 2016 12:38 AM

Can someone tell little about what are the certificates to be used(Frequently preferred certificates for handshake),how to install them and which assertions to be used,how they are to be used?

• 2.  Re: Can Someone explain me in brief about Certificates (like which is the best certificate to use) and How to install them?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 02:49 PM

Sonia,

There are a variety of areas that will use certificates in the Gateway both for inbound and outbound connections. Most corporate security policies require that any certificate being used by any part of the infrastructure be signed by a known trusted Certificate Authority (CA) which could be an internal CA provider or an  external CA provider, and that the key strength of the certificate be at the minimum of 2048-bit (level of key strength will change over time). The primary areas that the Gateway stores and uses certificates is through the Manage Certificates interface and the Manage Private Keys. The Manage Certificates interface is used to outline to the gateway which signing authorities (CA) to trust for interaction with client certificates coming inbound, when SSL connections are established outbound which hosts certificate authority to trust, and certificates to use for encryption. The Manage Private Keys interface is used to outline what certificate to present to clients establishing a connection to the gateway, what client certificate to present to a back end system for authentication, and what private key used to sign components.

I hope this gives you the starting points to your questions.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: Can Someone explain me in brief about Certificates (like which is the best certificate to use) and How to install them?

Posted Aug 29, 2016 01:42 AM

Thank you Stephen for your reply and yes,it is helpful.It would be a great help if i can get any document /link having complete details(step by step) how to install them and use them in policy.I need to see a small example of it

• 4.  Re: Can Someone explain me in brief about Certificates (like which is the best certificate to use) and How to install them?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 01:06 PM
      |   view attached

Sonia,

If you look through the communities you will find 3 videos around SSL Overview.

Gateway Training-Session2_PT1-SSL Overview-Inbound-20141125.mp4

Gateway Training-Session2_PT2-SSL Overview-Outbound-20141125.mp4

Gateway Training-Session2_PT3-SSL Overview-CRL_OCSP-20141125.mp4

Also we have attached a working document on some of the pieces of the Certificate management within the gateway.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 5.  Re: Can Someone explain me in brief about Certificates (like which is the best certificate to use) and How to install them?

Posted Aug 30, 2016 07:06 AM

where can i get this video from?

• 6.  Re: Can Someone explain me in brief about Certificates (like which is the best certificate to use) and How to install them?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 12:00 PM

Sonia,

All the video are located on our community under Content -> Documents. This link we narrow it down. CA API Management Community 

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 7.  Re: Can Someone explain me in brief about Certificates (like which is the best certificate to use) and How to install them?

Posted Sep 01, 2016 01:00 AM

thank you so much