CA Service Management

• 1.  Adding a Company Specific link to 'Employee' front page

Posted Aug 25, 2016 04:40 PM
      |   view attached

Some of the Analysts have asked that we hide the Service Desk help info link that shows on the main employee access level page and replace that link (or modify it) to display our company's help desk information instead.  After searching documentation and the web I have found nothing on how to complete this request.  Please help!

I have attached a .png with a screenshot to show where I am trying to make a change.

• 2.  Re: Adding a Company Specific link to 'Employee' front page
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 25, 2016 08:13 PM

The form in your screen capture is $NX_ROOT\bopcfg\www\htmpl\web\employee\home.htmpl and the link you circled is this code:

<PDM_LINK OP="DISPLAY_FORM"
          HTMPL="about.htmpl"
          class="emp portlet_body_text"
          onmouseover="window.status = &quot;About&quot;; return true;"
          onmouseout="window.status = window.defaultStatus; return true;">Service Desk contact information and hours of operation</PDM_LINK>

Clicking on the link launches the form $NX_ROOT\bopcfg\www\htmpl\web\employee\about.htmpl

If you want to customize that information then copy that form to $NX_ROOT\site\mods\www\htmpl\web\employee\about.htmpl and make your changes to the copied form. Don't forget to execute a pdm_webcache after you have edited the file.