Layer7 API Management

• 1.  SSMADMIN lockout

Posted Aug 26, 2016 05:54 PM

Hello, Can someone assist me with unlocking my ssmadmin account  for API Gateway? It got unlocked after 5 invalid login attempts per default config. Appreciate any assistance on how to modify that setting.

com.l7tech.server.logon.SSMLogonService: 2103: User 'ssmadmin' has exceeded max. number of failed logon attempts. User has attempted 7 out of 5 allowable failure attempts.

• 2.  Re: SSMADMIN lockout

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 07:29 PM

Hi SamWalker

You can reset the login counter by logging into the gateway via ssh and executing the below (substituting ADMIN for your Policy Manager admin name and SSG for your database name).

mysql ssg -e "delete from logon_info where login = 'ADMIN';"

After unlocking, you can find more details here on resetting the password for the account.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/8-3/en/troubleshoot/troubleshooting-password-issues#TroubleshootingPasswordIssues-ResettingtheAdministrativePassword

The max invalid login attempts can be changed by logging into the policy manager and editing the value for 'Maximum Invalid Logon Attempts ',

Tasks -> User Authentication -> Manage Administrative User Account Policy

Tasks -> Manage Account Policies -> Manage Administrative User Account Policy

Regards,
    Joe

• 3.  Re: SSMADMIN lockout

Posted Aug 29, 2016 03:57 PM

Thank You Joe, I am using software  install, I dont even see resetadmin.sh anywhere. Is there another way to reset passwords for non-appliance mode or am I checking at wrong place?

• 4.  Re: SSMADMIN lockout
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 04:44 PM

Hi SamWalker,

Please review the below, this doc is specific to the software install:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec0000001231.aspx 

Regards,

Joe