DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Export devices from probes

Posted Aug 28, 2016 09:43 PM

Hi everyone,

We would like to export device list from probes. eg: SNMPCollector, Cisco_monitor, Net_Connect probes. Usually we could select all the devices under hub and then copy to clipboard. But this function doesnt work for the probes. Is there a way we can do that in IM.

The probereport doesnt specifically target the above probes. we can use USM export group but that includes everything including the devices which doesnt exist anymore.

Any help is appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Export devices from probes

Posted Aug 29, 2016 05:15 AM

HI Herin

As far as I know there are no out of the box ways to export a list of devices/profiles of these probes. Net_connect is the only one that admits 'copy to clipboard' via the option Status. Feel free to open an Idea for this if you wish. 

In the case of the snmpcollector, there is a way to export and templates, though. But that would be the subject for a different question.

Regards.

iulian

• 3.  Re: Export devices from probes

Posted Aug 29, 2016 08:15 AM

Also depends on your definition of "export". For the probes that still support the .cfg files, highlighting the probe and hitting ctrl-N in IM will get you a copy of the config file into notepad. If this is a one time thing then a small amount of manual effort will get you a decent list. Notepad++ has a macro capability that can automate some of the parsing if you need more. 

The next place I'd suggest looking is the controller callback probe_config_get. This lets you retrieve all or just a piece of the probe's config and then you could process that in whatever language you had access to.

-Garin

• 4.  Re: Export devices from probes

Posted Aug 30, 2016 07:02 PM

Thank you Garin & Iulian for providing me information about exporting the devices. This is very helpful.