Clarity

• 1.  15.1 iPad support

Posted Aug 29, 2016 04:07 AM

Is iPad officially supported now in the new user experience?

I ask as I can get 15.1 working on my iPad, but there is no mention in the compatibility documentation.

iPad support has been on my customers wish lists for a while

Sorry if i'm annoying

• 2.  Re: 15.1 iPad support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:05 AM

Hi Andrew,

I will check on this and will come back to you

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: 15.1 iPad support

Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:06 AM

Thanks Suman, much appreciated

• 4.  Re: 15.1 iPad support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 08:24 AM

Thanks again Suman for working through the details with me.

• 5.  Re: 15.1 iPad support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 10:25 AM

Yes! CA PPM 15.1 supports iOS 8 and higher. Sorry, changing the response to "No" not officially supported. The new user experience was specifically designed to support the needs of today's high-performance agile development teams! We introduced support for Android and iOS with CA Clarity PPM 13.2 (but only for the Mobile Time Manager app). I have arranged a time to collect input from various teams here with the goal of updating our release notes on docops.ca.com to clearly communicate mobile OS support.  Based on this internal call today, the input I received verified most but not all features work on iOS so it is NOT officially supported at this time.

To learn more about CA PPM 15.1, please see this link:

http://www.ca.com/content/dam/ca/us/files/data-sheet/ca-project-portfolio-management.pdf 

(Note: That data sheet shows the new UX running on iPad; however, some features may not work.)

Thank you!

Damon

• 6.  Re: 15.1 iPad support

Posted Aug 29, 2016 10:31 AM

Thanks Damon.

Did you mean 15.1 New UX, or all of the application? 

(if the latter, many places don't work very well on an ipad )

• 7.  Re: 15.1 iPad support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 10:37 AM

Andrew - thanks for letting us know. We added support for mobile OS way back with 13.2. With so many changes in the last 1-2 years including Windows 10, Edge, iOS 8/9 updates, Android, browsers, Java, etc. software companies often take the position that the user interface is assumed to run on the latest release of a given third-party product unless we specifically learn and verify otherwise. It's tricky to predict the future. So a customer might want to avoid a future update to Microsoft Project for example, because it is possible their integration could behave unexpectedly. However, it is generally assumed to be safe to continue running the user interface in an updated browser (such as Chrome or Firefox) or after a mobile OS update. Administrators are advised to continue to monitor for updates to the documentation and patches periodically. Thank you.

• 8.  Re: 15.1 iPad support

Posted Aug 29, 2016 10:48 AM

no problem, thanks for advising me

• 9.  Re: 15.1 iPad support
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 12:44 PM

"Not officially supported." I just confirmed. Apologize for any confusion. Some capabilities do not function on mobile devices. The mobile OS specs we list are for certain sub-features only where mobile operating systems are supported such as CA Clarity Mobile Time Manager or the JasperMobile App. So even though the new user experience and many other features do, in fact, work on tablets or mobile devices, these new capabilities are not fully officially supported on iOS or Android. 

Source: http://www.ca.com/content/dam/ca/us/files/data-sheet/ca-project-portfolio-management.pdf 

The CA PPM 15.1 data sheet shows the new user experience on iPad; however, while the majority of capabilities do work just fine, we cannot officially state that we are supporting iPad or Android tablets or other mobile devices completely at this time. Thanks for letting us know you got it working and sharing any other tips with the community here.

• 10.  Re: 15.1 iPad support

Posted Aug 30, 2016 08:18 AM

Oh that's a shame. I appreciate the big leap for the product, looking forward to when it can be supported.

Seems to be pretty good