Service Virtualization

• 1.  DevTest 9+ instead of Selenium?

Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:16 AM

Hi All,

Recently i have come across a requirement where i am required to automate the web brower (exactly what we can achieve with Selenium). Could anyone please suggest if DevTest is competent enough to completely replace Selenium for automating the web browsers.?

It would be appreciable if anyone could share any document on the same.

Thanks,

Aman

• 2.  Re: DevTest 9+ instead of Selenium?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 09:40 AM

The Web Recorder (HTTP proxy) in Application Test will only record what is going over the wire between a web browser and a server. If there is any rich UI frameworks involved in the web application, you will not be able to record and play back since the Web Recorder is not a browser simulator. If you are looking doing a browser simulation recording (as in driving a UI) you need to use Selenium to accomplish the recording. 

• 3.  Re: DevTest 9+ instead of Selenium?

Posted Aug 30, 2016 01:21 AM

Hi MarcyNunns,

Thanks for the valuable information. However, could you please let me know what exactly is the role of DevTest (the features which we could exploit), when we try integrating it with Selenium (post integration, what is DevTest capable of doing). And how far is it useful to go for that sort of integration?

Thank you,

Aman Saeed.

• 4.  Re: DevTest 9+ instead of Selenium?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 09:59 AM

What I suggest is to contact your CA Account manager for that type of information.