Clarity

• 1.  Advanced search option in 14.2 causing db blocking?

Posted Aug 29, 2016 08:47 AM

Hi all,

over the last few days our database administrators reported some blocking issues on our primary production database. We were able to identify the cause - it seemed to be linked to the advanced search option being used.

To further prove it out, we did a few advanced searches in our Development environment and the same thing happened. Application performance degraded and blocking occurred on the database.

Has anyone else encountered similar behaviour? Is there a way we can disable advanced searches?

• 2.  Re: Advanced search option in 14.2 causing db blocking?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 09:05 AM

Hi Colin,

This search goes and searches against the document store. Is your index job running. When was the last time you indexed the document from server side.

you can perform the steps and then check 

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec602335.aspx 

Also what was the query which was causing dead lock.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Advanced search option in 14.2 causing db blocking?

Posted Aug 29, 2016 09:37 AM

Thank you Suman.

Our knowledge store is located on a NAS storage share however, not the database.

I'm not sure what the query was because I was out of office for a few days and the DBA cannot remember exactly.

All I know is the user attempted to use advanced search and soon after the database experienced blocking.

• 4.  Re: Advanced search option in 14.2 causing db blocking?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 09:40 AM

Hi Colin,

Even the KS is stored on NAS, it still has reference kept in database. To comment further I would need to get the query running behind the same and evaluate further. 

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 5.  Re: Advanced search option in 14.2 causing db blocking?

Posted Sep 06, 2016 06:00 PM

Hi CMCN1982 - Were you able figure out this issue? Thanks!