DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

• 1.  table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Posted Aug 29, 2016 11:57 AM

Hi, they have linkages (Subsystems x Suppression Key)?

could give me the name of the tables?

Help me!

--

Luan Costa

• 2.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 03:15 PM

Hi Luan,

Can you please clarify what you are looking for.

Usually suppression key and subsystems in UIM are linked to alarms.

I am not sure what table information you are looking for and what probe you are referring to.

please do provide more details on what you are looking for so we can try and help.

• 3.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Posted Aug 29, 2016 03:31 PM

Hi Gene_Howard

I want to redirect tickets (resolver group) automated through IT PAM, created tickets starting the UIM.

my categories of CA SDM are detailed, the solver team is specific, follows: (example Alarm -> Disk -> SWAP | Alarm -> Disk -> SPACE), I thought of creating a dataset in IT PAM crossing (subsystem x category) but only "subsystem" will not suit me.

I am analyzing the "subsystem" is connected to the "suppression key", if they are connected, will cross the dataset (subsystem x x suppression category).

what do you think ?

• 4.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 03:01 PM

The Subsystem used in alarms in UIM are setup in each probe.

NAS has a list of them in the nas.cfg file you can refer to

each probe suppression key is setup in the local probe .cfg file or hard coded.

There is currently no central location for this information so I do not think you will be able to do what you are looking too.

Some other might have an idea but I do not see how this is possible.

I did update your tages and groups to get some other eyes on this.

• 5.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Posted Sep 20, 2016 03:08 PM

I found the subsystem in the CFG files of every "Probe". And the "suppresion key" where can I find?

• 6.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Posted Sep 22, 2016 12:57 PM

not found indications of "Suppression key" in config files

• 7.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 01:06 PM

Only some probes (such as logmon) support the configuration of suppression keys.  in most cases they are generated automatically by the probe based on the particular alarm being generated.

For example on the CDM probe, an alarm for CPU usage carries the suppression key "cpu/total".

NAS uses this suppression key (along with alarm source/etc) to determine whether multiple alarms are duplicates/repeat instances of previous alarms.

For more detail on message suppression please see the following:  The nas Setup Tab v4.7 - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 8.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Posted Sep 22, 2016 01:59 PM

All alarms generated has "suppression key" (if enabled in the probe), the question is simple, how to find? how to relate to subsystem?

Already rolled the documentation on the CA site and found NOTHING related to MESSAGES SUPPRESSION, found only on activation by "Probe".

• 9.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Posted Sep 22, 2016 02:06 PM

do you mean something like this:

select subsys, supp_key FROM [CA_UIM].[dbo].[NAS_ALARMS] where supp_key = 'xxxx'

• 10.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 22, 2016 02:11 PM

David, this table is alarms already generated. I need complete LIST of "Suppression key" existing (each Sybsystem if they are related).

• 11.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 02:23 PM

Such a list does not currently exist.  Suppression key and subsystem may or may not have anything to do with each other.

for example, you might have 2 or 3 different probes which monitor a "disk" subsystem.

All of these probes might use the subsystem ID 1.1.1.1 which corresponds to disk.

however, one probe might use a suppression key like "disk/alarm"  and another might use one like "disk/statusalarm" and still another might use something like "filesystemwarning".

There is no "linkage" between suppression keys and subsystems and there is not necessarily any consistency to suppression keys themselves, as they are unique to each probe and in some cases they can even be overridden such as the logmon probe which allows you to use variables to generate a suppkey.

• 12.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Posted Sep 22, 2016 02:31 PM

ok, I got it.

what I could do to get a list of supp_key? Support CA case?

this information would be very useful and important in my work / project.

or there is no such possibility?  :/

• 13.  Re: table name Subsystems and SuppressionKey

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 02:34 PM

Unfortunately I don't think it would be possible - we do not, as far as I know, maintain a list of currently-used suppkeys across the probes.