Clarity

• 1.  Mapping of DB attribute with Clarity Labels

Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:31 AM

How can I get Attribute Label from database? say for example, For resources, we have manager_id in database. How can I get that manager_id attribute is displayed by "Manager" or "Resource Manager" label?

Is there any provision in database which shows attribute mapping with clarity attribute labels?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Mapping of DB attribute with Clarity Labels

Posted Aug 29, 2016 12:03 PM

• 3.  Re: Mapping of DB attribute with Clarity Labels

Posted Aug 29, 2016 12:28 PM

See what the lookup is, look at the lookup what it is it displaying and what it the hidden field.

When the lookup is dynamic and it is querying the cmn_sec_users for the id and last_name + first_name that is what you need.

When it is querying srm_resources and the hidden key is id then you information comes from the srm_resources.

If the hidden key is user_id then it comes again from cmn_sec_users.

• 4.  Re: Mapping of DB attribute with Clarity Labels

Posted Aug 30, 2016 04:05 AM

Do we really need 2 extra questions asking the same thing that you have already asked in another question?

As I have responded elsewhere ; its complicated (for attributes) ; the underlying database column is (I think) odf_view_attributes.label ; but that is for the attribute name in the Clarity studio functionality and this is often not the same attribute label that you would see on-screen, for that you need to look at the view definitions (for a specific view, because the label can also vary by view) and pick up the label from the CMN_CAPTIONS_NLS table.

• 5.  Re: Mapping of DB attribute with Clarity Labels

Posted Aug 30, 2016 04:56 AM

It depends, I thought it to be the same question first, but then come into the conclusion that the question is

If

Manager is stored as manager_id how do I get the manager name which is displayed in the GUI?

I don't think you can get it from the CMN_CAPTIONS_NLS, can you?

• 6.  Re: Mapping of DB attribute with Clarity Labels

Posted Aug 30, 2016 05:08 AM

The label of the attribute is in the captions / meta-data ; the value of the attribute is what you would pick up from the lookup (or data tables).

(I know that you realise this )

• 7.  Re: Mapping of DB attribute with Clarity Labels

Posted Aug 30, 2016 05:10 AM

Yes, I do agree, but as said I understood the question as explained above.

• 8.  Re: Mapping of DB attribute with Clarity Labels

Posted Sep 06, 2016 06:02 PM

Hi PragyaT - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!