DX NetOps

• 1.  How Does Spectrum Handle Outages in SRM for Daylight Savings Time?

Posted Aug 29, 2016 04:42 PM

I'm curious to understand how an outage looks that starts on Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 01:30 and last for 45 minutes. Daylight Savings Time ends on 11/6/2016 at 02:00am in the U.S. this year. Does anyone know if Spectrum takes this into account when it stores an outage in SRMDBAPI? Does it adjust the old start time to Standard Time (for instance to 00:30) if the outage ends after 2:00am ?

Regards,

Rick

• 2.  Re: How Does Spectrum Handle Outages in SRM for Daylight Savings Time?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 29, 2016 04:52 PM

Hey Rick,

SRM will store the outage based on the event times.

Report Manager is event driven, so when the outage starts and ends are strictly based on the time the event was generated.

Assuming DST, SRM will not handle the adjustments to my knowledge.

This would have to be handled on the Spectrum side of things.

I could see how this would make reports inaccurate going either way...hour out and back.

I would suggest an idea in our Ideas section here on the communities so that we can better handle this from a Spectrum perspective. 

Thanks!

Matt

• 3.  Re: How Does Spectrum Handle Outages in SRM for Daylight Savings Time?

Posted Aug 29, 2016 05:06 PM

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for that.

So I suppose I can assume I might see a start time of 11/6/2016 01:30.00 and an end time of 11/6/2016 01:15:00 for the example I gave.

I'll try to handle it in the reporting program I'm working on, then. I guess I'll make the assumption that if the end time is less than the start time and it's the morning of a time change, then subtract (or add in the Spring) 1 hour from the start time.

Does that seem appropriate to you?

Regards,

Rick

• 4.  Re: How Does Spectrum Handle Outages in SRM for Daylight Savings Time?

Posted Sep 07, 2016 09:43 AM

Yes, that sounds right to me!