Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

• 1.  Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Posted Aug 31, 2016 06:05 AM

Hi All,

We are seeing some difference on project team tab actuals and project hierarchy tab actuals.Could you please help us to understand when these two are in sync.

For instance below(project is active and ran investment allocation job also) total actuals in project team tab is

400 i.e. (400*77=$30800)

Project team tab screen shot:

Project Hierarchy Tab screen shot:

• 2.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Posted Aug 31, 2016 07:10 AM

As per what you have highlighted,

The one on the Team tab is Actual Units

The one on the Hierarchy tab is Actual Cost

NJ

• 3.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Posted Aug 31, 2016 07:54 AM

Hi NJ,

Thanks for your response.

Yes team tab have units and hierarchy tab have actual cost (Units X Cost).

Here i am providing another project example.

Team tab have 403.25 (403.25X77=31050.25)  

Hierarchy tab have 31050.25. on this project both are matched.

• 4.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Posted Aug 31, 2016 08:00 AM

Can you do a Show All on the Team tab for the one where you see the discrepancy ?

NJ

• 5.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Posted Aug 31, 2016 08:03 AM

We didn't use any filter criteria. Show all also have same actuals. i.e. 400 Units.

• 6.  RE: Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Posted Sep 24, 2019 10:52 AM
    Actuals on the team tab are in hours. Actual Cost in the hierarchy tab is in dollars.  If you want to see the overall cost for a resource on the the team tab, add the "Allocation Cost" attribute, and use the "Update Cost Totals" from the action menu.  While you cannot (OOTB) see the dollar actuals on the team, at least you can see the overall total cost.

A good rule of thumb: On portlets that show financial information, Actuals are in dollars.  On resource management and staffing portlets, Actuals are in hours.

------------------------------
    Manager, PPM Strategy, Support and training
    TD bank Group
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Posted Sep 20, 2019 08:56 AM
    Hi, 
    can you please let me know how the actuals calculated on the investment page? does it have both labor and non labor? pleas let me know the calculation.

• 8.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2016 08:37 PM

Hi Subbareddy Kandula,

Can you please check if the actuals for the labor transactions are matching with the hierarchy tab actuals? 

Also, please configure Actual Work in the hierarchy tab and check the actual quantity please. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 9.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Posted Sep 01, 2016 08:36 AM

Hi Jerin,

I have verified below points.

All resources/roles which we have in project team tab have "Labor" transaction class.

Sum of Total cost in PPA_WIP_VALUES (and PPA_WIP) was matched in project hierarchy tab.($1636.25)

Sum of Actuals in PRASSIGNMENT was matched in project team tab.(i.e 400 Units, 400X77= $30800).

Please let me know any thing i have to verify/ anything i missed here. Thank you.

• 10.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2016 11:17 PM

Hi,

Since wip cost is less than assignment cost and assuming that these are all timesheets transactions, have you checked and confirmed that there are no transactions for this project stuck in invalid transactions or waiting for post to wip? 

Once you have confirmed this, the next step is to check if these transactions have actually moved to invalid tx table. Check prtimeentry.prrmexported - if its 1 then it has moved forward if not then its stuck in this table. 

Let me know the results of this. 

Jerin

• 11.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Posted Sep 02, 2016 05:38 AM

Hi Jerin,

We have total 95 records in PRTIMEENTRY table of this discrepancy project. Out of 95 records, 3 records have prtimeentry.prrmexported=1 and rest of them(i.e. 92records) have prtimeentry.prrmexported=0.

I have verified PRACTSUM column data for prtimeentry.prrmexported=1 records in PRTIMEENTRY table,

total is 21.25. Which is matched (21.25X77=1636.25) with project hierarchy actual cost.

I have verified IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT table, we dont have any records for this project and almost all timesheets status is 4.

As you said in previous reply "if its 1 then it has moved forward if not then its stuck in this table.".

Please help us how can we move these stuck records further. Thanks.

• 12.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Posted Sep 08, 2016 01:07 AM

Hi Jerin,

Could you please help us how can we move stuck records(prtimeentry.prrmexported=0) further. Thanks.

• 13.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2016 02:02 AM

Hi Subbareddy Kandula,

I am sorry I missed replying to you. 

Check the below Tuesday Tip which explains about this issue. I have provided portlet XML and also the query in it. The results will tell you why it is stuck in timesheet table with prrmexported=0. 

CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: How to identify "Invalid Timesheets" or Actuals missing in WIP 

Please let me know how it went 

PS: The query is a quick one I wrote and is not an exhaustive list but it will cover most of the scenarios. 

Regards,

Jerin

• 14.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Posted Sep 09, 2016 02:08 AM

Hi Jerin,

Thanks for your response. We have verified using your query, currently our project is financially closed. Thats why timesheets were stucked. We Opened project financial status then ran post transactions to financials job and post to wip. Now both Team tab actual cost and hierarchy tab actual cost was matched. Thank you very much for your help.

• 15.  Re: Project Team Tab actuals/Project Hierarchy page actuals are diffirent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 02:19 AM

Hi Subbareddy Kandula,

Glad I was able to help. 

Can you please mark it as answered to close the loop. 

Thanks,

Jerin