AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

• 1.  autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Aug 30, 2016 12:36 PM

In autosys ,  autoping  is not successfully of agent machine     with error message  as follows

CAUAJM_I_50023 AutoPinging Machine [************]
    CAUAJM_I_50280 AutoPing from the Scheduler WAS SUCCESSFUL.

CAUAJM_W_10496 Agent on [************************] has not responded in a timely fashion. Try again later. [CA WAAE Autoping]
    CAUAJM_E_50283 AutoPing from the Application Server WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.

CAUAJM_E_50026 ERROR: AutoPing WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL

but jobs are running successfully in  the agent machine, what could be the reason?

• 2.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Aug 30, 2016 12:42 PM

why are you doing a -s? The agent no longer communicates to the application server but to the event_processor (scheduler)

you need the client and all the proper settings for autoping to talk back to application server. The application server is only for WCC and CLI calls. 

Hope that helps.

Steve C.

• 3.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Aug 31, 2016 04:23 AM

Hi Steve, thank you for suggestion , but I didn't find  answer for my question , the error I mentioned  above is autoping -m.

for autoping  -S showing error as follows

CAUAJM_I_50023 AutoPinging Machine [***********]
    CAUAJM_I_50031 Checking the Agent's connectivity to the Application Server.
    CAUAJM_E_50037 ERROR: Agent failed to communicate with Application Server.
    CAUAJM_E_50041 ERROR: Agent returned <OpenFailure, CAUAJM_E_10062 Failed to get initial configuration from CA WAAE Application Server(s).>.
    CAUAJM_E_50281 AutoPing from the Scheduler WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.

CAUAJM_W_10496 Agent on [**********************] has not responded in a timely fashion. Try again later. [CA WAAE Autoping]

CAUAJM_E_50026 ERROR: AutoPing WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.

we are getting  above error for a -S , a -m but jobs are running successfully in agent machine. can I know the reason.

• 4.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Aug 30, 2016 01:14 PM

As SteveC mentions, use of -S parameter is unnecessary in most cases and unsupported in others.

See tec564660

Also I believe the -S parameter will not work for 64 bit agents in general.

• 5.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Aug 31, 2016 04:23 AM

the error I mentioned  above is autoping -m.

for autoping  -S showing error as follows

CAUAJM_I_50023 AutoPinging Machine [***********]
    CAUAJM_I_50031 Checking the Agent's connectivity to the Application Server.
    CAUAJM_E_50037 ERROR: Agent failed to communicate with Application Server.
    CAUAJM_E_50041 ERROR: Agent returned <OpenFailure, CAUAJM_E_10062 Failed to get initial configuration from CA WAAE Application Server(s).>.
    CAUAJM_E_50281 AutoPing from the Scheduler WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.

CAUAJM_W_10496 Agent on [**********************] has not responded in a timely fashion. Try again later. [CA WAAE Autoping]

CAUAJM_E_50026 ERROR: AutoPing WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.

we are getting  above error for a -S , a -m but jobs are running successfully in agent machine. can I know the reason.

• 6.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Aug 31, 2016 07:04 AM

What version? And did you open a trouble ticket? Seems to me that you are doing something incorrectly. Autoping is NOT supposed to check the application server unless you specifically say –s .. the original error you showed included application server and autoping doesn’t use it anymore.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 7.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Aug 31, 2016 09:57 AM

thank you for reply, 11.3.6 SP3,   am sure, am using correct command autoping -m ***, but for this machine only  it is showing the connectivity to appserver , for remaining  machines it is showing only the connectivity of scheduler. 

• 8.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2016 07:52 AM

The autoping from the Scheduler to the agent is successful and this is why the jobs are working.

The autoping also performs a communication test from the Application Server to the agent and this is failing :

CAUAJM_E_50026 ERROR: AutoPing WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL

You need to make sure that the Agent can connect back to the Application Server using the port set in the config file of the AE server.

AppSrvAuxiliaryListeningPort=appsrv_port
    appsrv_port
    Defines the port number the application server uses to listen for inbound AFM protocol data using non-SSA communication. Network data between the scheduler and the agent or the scheduler and the CA Workload Automation EE manager is prepared using the proprietary AFM protocol. The application server auxiliary listening port is used primarily to receive inbound messages from agents running on non-SSA ports.
    Default: 7500

I would suggest to test that the default port of 7500 is open from the agent to the Application Server.

This communication is used by the Application Server for retriving the stdout/stderr or spool files from the agent.

Clive

• 9.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Aug 31, 2016 09:52 AM

Thank you for information, how to check whether port of 7500 is open or not?

• 10.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2016 09:57 AM

The easiest way is to run the following on the agent machine and see if you get connected to the AE server.

telnet <AE_HOSTNAME> 7500

• 11.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Aug 31, 2016 10:20 AM

Thank you so much for information,  connection is refusing for port of 7500,

• 12.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Aug 31, 2016 10:31 AM

for knowledge , how to open the port for connection.

• 13.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2016 03:30 AM

There is probably a firewall rule somewhere that is stopping the communication.

You will need to update the firewall rules to allow the agent to connect to the AE server over the port 7500 or the port being used for the AppSrvAuxiliaryListeningPort on the AE server.

• 14.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Sep 01, 2016 12:47 PM

>>

>>> for knowledge , how to open the port for connection.

on Unix there is /etc/services file which you can check to see which service is using this port. On Win there is equivalent services file to be checked.

If this port is not listed in services file then the best you can do is to contact your network admin.

• 15.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Aug 31, 2016 04:16 PM

what OS are the server and agent running on?   Is this a mixed environment meaning the server is one OS and the client, agent another?  Are there more than one instance installed on the agent machine? PRD and DEV or something, they will need to have separate ports defined for the connections to work correctly.

• 16.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Sep 01, 2016 12:03 PM

Thank you for replying, event server and app server hosted on Linux OS, agent machine hosted  on windows. PRD,DEV instances installed.

• 17.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Sep 02, 2016 03:26 AM

You need to configure pmux port for app_server on agent machine :-

csamconfigedit PmuxServerPort=7163

csamconfigedit port=APP_Server_Port EnableSSL=0 EnablePmux=true

• 18.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Sep 02, 2016 10:31 AM

Hi, I did not set up our environment using the pmux - it has to be done everywhere I think.

on the server: config.PRD  check the AutoServerPort=9000, config.DEV AutoServerPort=9001

In my case production is AE1 and dev is AST On the windows client: go into the Adimistrator window and for each instance check that the autoserver port is set correctly.  Click the

To select the appropriate application server.

on the bottom of the screen it will show the communication port

the one for production

Also, ensure when you are autopinging from the client that you are using the correct CommandPrompt(INSTANCE) to check the connection to each of the instances.

Good Luck.

• 19.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Sep 02, 2016 10:55 AM

CSAM (pmux) was mentioned.

This would be a prerequisite for the -S parameter to work.

If you install from the agent-only media, CSAM will not be installed.

CSAM is only used by the agent for fringe operations like autoping -S and Blob/Globs.

It is no longer integral to the fundamental operation of the agent.

The 11.0 auto_remote agent requires CSAM. The 11.3 cybAgent... not as much.

• 20.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Posted Sep 02, 2016 11:01 AM

I thought I said that already ☺

But yeah what mark says..

And who really uses blobs and globs.. yuk. Too much to store in DB if you ask me

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 21.  Re: autoping is not successfull , but jobs are  running successfully at agent machine

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 06:44 AM

Autoping to a specific WA Agent fails although the WA Agent is active. 

Please see and relate if you find this TechDoc helps you.