AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

• 1.  ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Aug 31, 2016 12:10 AM

I just installed EEM 12.5 CR04 (Release: 12.51.4.16) on one server and WCC 11.4 SP2 on a different server and I am getting a blank page when I go to launch WCC via URL: http://<wcc_host>:8080/wcc

I also see [Authenticate Error: Authentication Failed]

com.ca.eiam.SafeException: EE_SPONSORERROR iSponsor Error

I tried pinging wcc to eem and eem to wcc, it pings fine

I tried telnet to port 5250 on the eem host, it connects fine

I tried restarting WCC services

I tried reinstalling WCC multiple times.

Its almost as if its not retrieving something from the EEM host and it cannot.

I retrieved the above errors from %CA_WCC_INSTALL_LOCATION%/logs/ca-wcc.log and %CA_WCC_INSTALL_LOCATION%/log/application/launcher-ui directories.

Please help. thx

• 2.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Aug 31, 2016 12:15 AM

Can you login to the WCC0004 application in EEM?

Sounds like EEM is down or not fully up.

• 3.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Aug 31, 2016 12:31 AM

Yes, I tried that as well and it logs infine with eiamadmin

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and solely for the intended addressee(s). Do not share or use them without Fannie Mae’s approval. If received in error, delete them and contact the sender.

• 4.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Aug 31, 2016 12:36 AM

For the login page to appear, what processes are running in the background before it decides to give me the boxes for username and password?   I haven't configured EEM at all, like inputting users or policies and I have not done anything as far as post configuration with WCC.  Is there a step I could possibly be missing that I didn't complete which would cause this?  I would think I should be getting a login page at the very least.

• 5.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Aug 31, 2016 12:46 AM

It sounds like WCC is not completing startup due to a problem connecting to EEM.

You mentioned that you can login to EEM using EiamAdmin.

Is that from the WCC box?

Is that to the WCC0004 application (in the EEM dropdown)?

Can you also login to EEM (WCC0004) using ejmcommander?

If that all works, try running wcc_config -u ejmcommander -p <password> --displayeem

Verify that the settings look correct. Verify connectivity between WCC host and EEM host (as listed in wcc_config results)

• 6.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Aug 31, 2016 07:16 AM

I. Logged in successfully as ejmcommander and EiamAdmin from the wcc box to the wcc0004 instance.

The. Only thing. That did not work for me is when I tried using wcc_config -u ejmcommander. -p password --displayeem. It threw an error "E150012 - Unexpected error occurred during processing the command."

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and solely for the intended addressee(s). Do not share or use them without Fannie Mae’s approval. If received in error, delete them and contact the sender.

• 7.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Aug 31, 2016 07:22 AM

As mark said. It doesn’t look like eEM is up properly.

Who configured it? If not you go to the person that did. If you .. I suggest opening a ticket.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 8.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Aug 31, 2016 09:04 AM

I installed EEM straight out of the box using the DVD.iso  What other checks can I perform to see if EEM is up properly?  I can login with ejmcommander and EiamAdmin on the WCC0004 instance from the WCC host.   There is some kind of retrieval failure here between the wcc and eem hosts.  I tried look at the logs on the eem side and I don’t see anything much under CA\SC\EmbeddedEntitlementsManager\logs.

Here are some other errors I see on the WCC host:

@launcher-ui <http-nio-8080-exec-12> [] ERROR #AccessContextFilter  # No access provider available, cancelling the request

@launcher-ui <http-nio-8080-exec-12> [] ERROR #AuthorizationFilter    # Fatal error

Java.lang.NullPointerException……..

I opened a ticket btw. 00497102

• 9.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Aug 31, 2016 10:11 AM

If dxserver and [WD]igateway processes are up and running then EEM *should* be up. The fact that you can access  http://<ee_host>:5250/spin/eiam, change the drop down to WCC0004 and log in would imply that EEM is running, but you could always restart these processes.

Are there any WCC policies visible under the 'Manage Access Policies' tab?

Anything in the WCC install log that looks like an error?  I've had issues in the past with the WCC installer failing to register in EEM properly (or at all), usually resulted in deleting the WCC0004 application from EEM and re registering it using 'safex'.

• 10.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Aug 31, 2016 11:05 AM

That’s what I would think that EEM is up and running if I was able to login there.  I tried restarting the processes to no avail.

Yes I do see the default access policies there when I click on each folder, alertaction, applicationaccess, commandexecute, etc…

The WCC install logs show mostly AuthenticateError: Authentication Failed

Com.ca.eiam.safeException: EE_SPONSORERROR iSponser Error

When I used the wcc_config utility to do wcc_config –u ejmcommander –p  --displayeem (the most basic of commands) and I looked at the wcc_config.log file

I see

INFO….com.ca.uejm.access.providers.EmbIAMAccessProvider EmbIamProvider – appCertPath: E:\Program Files\CA\Workload control center\data\config\wcc.pem

INFO….com.ca.uejm.access.providers.EmbIAMAccessProvider EmbIamProvider – appKeyPath: E:\Program Files\CA\Workload control center\data\config\wcc.key

INFO….com.ca.uejm.access.providers.EmbIAMAccessProvider EmbIamProvider – appCertPath - can read: true

INFO….com.ca.uejm.access.providers.EmbIAMAccessProvider EmbIamProvider – appKeyPath – can read: true

INFO….com.ca.uejm.access.providers.EmbIAMAccessProvider EmbIamProvider – Reading SafeCertificate

ERROR….com.ca.uejm.access.providers.EmbIAMAccessProvider EmbIamProvider – SafeContextFactory.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=<eem_host, Locale=en_US, ServerEnabled=true, AppName=WCC0004, AppCertPath=E:\Program Files\CA\Workload Control Center\data\config\wcc.pem, ServerAdmin=EiamAdmin, EventLogPath=null, PersistentCachePath=null, RetryConnectInterval=30, RetryPingInterval=30, FullCacheUpdateEnabled=false, CacheupdateInterval=30], SafeException.getMessage = EE_SPONSORERROR iSponsor Error

Com.ca.eiam.SafeExceptioin: EE_SPONSORERROR iSponsor Error

At com.ca.eiam.SafeContext.authenticatewithCertificate(SafeContext.java:1936)

At com.ca.uejm.access.providers.EmbIAMAccessProvider.establishSafeContext(EmbIAMAccessProvider.java:1155)

…….

I will try unregistering and reregistering it the WCC0004 instance.  I was also going to try changing the EiamAdmin password without the ‘$’ sign in it.

Thx.

• 11.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Aug 31, 2016 04:07 PM

It looks like unregistering and registering the WCC instance did not work.  I also tried changing the EiamAdmin password with no success.

• 12.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Sep 01, 2016 03:14 AM

Try this please:

1. Stop WCC services.
    2. Rename or move the following files to another location:   

E:\Program Files\CA\Workload control center\data\config\wcc.key and  

E:\Program Files\CA\Workload control center\data\config\wcc.pem

3. Run these commands:

• cd E:\Program Files\CA\Workload control center\safex
    • safex -u EiamAdmin -p <passwd> -h <eem_host> -f IssueCertificate.xml

4. Copy/Move the wcc.key and wcc.pem files from current location to E:\Program Files\CA\Workload control center\data\config\

5. Startup WCC services

If WCC still doesn't connect, proceed with the following:

• cd E:\Program Files\CA\Workload control center\bin
    • wcc_config.bat -u ejmcommander -p <password> --eemadmin EiamAdmin --eempassword <eiamadmin_passwd> --eemhostname <eem_host> --eemappid WCC0004

Restart WCC services and see if it made any difference.

Cheers,

Chandru

• 13.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2016 09:20 AM

Thanks guys for all your help and prompt attention to this issue I had, its very much appreciated.  I learned a lot through this process.  But the issue finally came down to DNS and the subdomain that these hosts were in.

• 14.  Re: ERROR #EmbIAAccessProvider # EmbIAMAccessProvider  SafeContextFacotry.getSafeContext failed for config: AccessConfig[HostName=

Posted Sep 01, 2016 09:57 AM

Glad you got it resolved .... If in doubt, blame the network!