CA Service Management

• 1.  SLA configuration in Service desk

Posted Sep 01, 2016 02:26 AM

Hi,

We have requirement to configure SLA for the Tickets.

Can any one let us know the flow to configure SLA and calculate the cost for the SLA viloation,

Thanks

Shwetha

• 2.  Re: SLA configuration in Service desk

Posted Sep 01, 2016 03:25 AM

Hello  Shwetha,

I will recommend your start by reading the SDM green book. There is a full chapter around SLA there and will mostly give you all the knowledge you need to start.

Don't have the link back but a simple search on the support site must return it for you

Hope this help

/J

• 3.  Re: SLA configuration in Service desk

Posted Sep 01, 2016 05:33 AM

Hi Jerome,

I have gone through the SDM green book documents.

But I wanted to know how penalty can be calculated.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: SLA configuration in Service desk

Posted Feb 10, 2017 03:29 AM

Hi Shwetha,

To measure to cost of SLA, you can define the service target for all service type definitions.

Maybe you did.

Regards,

Turker

• 5.  Re: SLA configuration in Service desk

Posted Feb 10, 2017 08:27 AM

Hi Shweta,

I don't think you can calculate the cost of penalties directly in Service Desk. This is probably something you can do with BSI (CA Business Service Insight).

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 6.  Re: SLA configuration in Service desk

Posted Feb 10, 2017 09:09 AM

another basic approach is to standardize and etablish a policy for your cost violation fields

you can then build your report based on this policy

eg.

service type A can have a violation cost of 1000 where service type B cost will be 10000

now with this method you can establish by reporting convention what Service Type have violate and by calculation assume a cost.

Of course the sequence need to be made large enough as this will condition the number of violation you can report. in my case you can report a maximum of 9 violation for service type A prior those are crossing over and make this technic wrong.

Hope that give you some idea.

/J